We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy wine in Rome?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy wine in Rome?

I will be sailing in February out of Rome and would like to buy some wine to take on the ship with us. We are staying in the Campo di Fiori area. Any thoughts on the best place to fine some nice bottles of wine?

Thank you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,215 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

Go to www.winesearcher.com and click the Find a Store link. I will be in Rome in a couple of weeks and will try to find one of the shops. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to it due to the Christmas holiday and limited time.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

Winesearcher.com is a great website. But it is for US only...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,215 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

Try this link:

http://www.wine-searcher.com/merchants/rome++italy,x,1,k

After you click the Find a Store link, type "Rome, Italy" in the name/address field.

Edited: 11 December 2012, 15:17
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

Thanks, I'll try that.

california
Level Contributor
613 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

There is a liquor store that has some very nice wines in Campo di Fiore. It's near the corner that has Magnolia restaurant on it, just a half block down via Guibbonari from the restaurant.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

Great! Thanks so much!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,128 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

Since you will be sailing out of Civitavecchia, it might be better to purchase the wine there, depending on how much you will be sailing with. There are several good stores to purchase wine near the docks and that way you won't be transporting it with you from Rome to Civitavcchia..

rome
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

closest to you and with a great selection (but higher prices) is Roscioli. Towards Pantheon there is enoteca Parliamento (also expensive) If you care to take a bus and go to Piazza Cavour, there is one of the best and definitely the biggest and with very good prices - Costantini. If you care for natural or at least organic wines, on Via Cavour there is enoteca Trucchi.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

Thank you FatJack and WineGal!

Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to buy wine in Rome?

gusy - i'm from the US and we get plenty of good wines there too, many imported from Italy. Does it make sense to buy wines in Rome from a price perspective?

Thx