We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these rentals is best located?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, RI
Level Contributor
655 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these rentals is best located?

I am looking at three (or possibly a fourth involving a move mid-week) apartment rentals offered by classicvacationrental.com. She has been lovely and patient to deal with so far.

Any opinions which of these rentals would be the best location/atmosphere? We wil be traveling with our almost 10 y.o. ds, so no late nights, plan on exploring ancient rome, vatican, etc...I have a limited knowledge of italian, but am fluent in french, so I am hoping that will help us get by.

classicvacationrental.com/dest/…

The following one is available only part of the time, but I loved the terrace, and then we would move to another apt. in the same building available for the secon half of the week.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

It really bugs me when rental sites don't show the exact location of a unit. One block can make a big difference. You can use Google Maps Streetview to look around for yourself in the various areas to see which one looks most appealing. (You do know that there is graffiti almost everywhere in Rome, right? That surprises a lot of people.)

And the language barrier won't be much of a problem in most of Rome.

Good luck.

Edited: 19 December 2012, 19:34
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

Agree, without a street location it's hard to say.... the Cavallo seems to be the most central just from the description.

The other 3 seem to be around Piazza del Popolo or Piazza di Spagna, which are more on the edge of the historical center -- get the exact address & study the map before you book anything , because some agencies take liberties with descriptions --- for example near piazza del popolo could mean a 20 minute walk north at which point you are not really in the center.

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
655 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

Let me try to get the street address for each of these buildings, because you are absolutely right about pinning down the location. That was my concern!

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

If you are looking to be central and close to spanish steps i stayed in this apartment not to long ago and was really happy. its about a 100 meters to the spanish steps and also close to the metro which is handy. there were also loads of restaurants close by. nextaway.com/italy/rome/babuino-italy-1238-2

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,271 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

As you are traveling with your little girl don't miss a visit to Villa Borghese Parklands ... there are ducks in the ponds and acres of grass to run around, bike hire etc, even a zoo. It's a great place to take a break from being a tourist. www.aviewoncities.com/rome/villaborghese.htm

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
655 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

Found one of the apts. on another website, with a map indicating the location.

…worldwide-accom.com/rome/…apartment-spagna-g

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

It appears to be right in Piazza di Spagna which is excellent! The price is great too for such a strategic location!

But beware when multiple agencies have the same listing, double bookings may occur and you may be stuck in a different apartment at the last minute -- sometimes a better or sometimes a worse one.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

FWIW, I've yet to find any apartment that is listed through only one website or agency.

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
655 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

Here are the descriptive locations of the other two properties. She doesn't want to give exact addresses until the rental is confirmed, but did say they are all in historical buildings.

Donna Leon – is near via del Corso and Angelo Brunetti

Cavallo is by via san Bartolomeo di Vaccinari

Spanish steps I listed above

10. Re: Which of these rentals is best located?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 05:16