We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

We are going on the Carnival Liberty 12 day Europe Cruise - July 30

We would like to know what the very best tours to do on Carnival

For example in Napoli - should we do the Pompei, Sorrento and Capri tour or just the Pompei and Sorrento

On the Livorno stop - Should we find our own transportation to Florence or book Florence on your own with Carnival for 75 dollars each

In Cannes which is the best tour Monaco and Monte Carlo on your own??

In Messina should we do Taormina on your own or Taormina and Mt Etna tour?

Any help would be greatly appreiciated

Thanks

Im assuming Barcelona and Croatia you can do on your own as well as Venice

new york
Level Contributor
417 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

You should check out the cruisecritic.com web site I have not been on that cruise but been on many others and have always used this site for info.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

Hi carnivaljuly30,

I would also suggest that you check out the Cruise Critic Boards. When you go to the website open the boards category at the top left side of the page, then scroll down to the Roll Call category and look for the Carnival ships, then look for the date you are cruising. You should find lots of information there. Also check out the Europe board on that same website. Just keep scrolling down til you see the Europe board. You will find tons of information there about tours, drivers, etc.

If you haven't been to Pompeii, then I would strongly suggest that you go there. You can hire a private driver to take you to Pompeii then to the Amalfi Coast also. I have the name of an excellent driver for that region.

We docked in Villefranche and hired a private limo driver who took us to Monte Carlo (loved it there), Nice, Eze, St. Paul deVence.

Messina, we also had a private driver w/ 2 vans. Took us to where they filmed the Godfather, then to Taormina. Taormina was lovely. Very upscale shopping district, great restaurants, etc. There is a Greek Theater there that several people went to see and said the view was great. Mt. Etna is also nice to see but if the weather is not cooperative, then you don't see much at all. I think I would opt for the Taormina. Lots to see there.

If you just want to see Florence, then you can do on your own. A must see is the David exhibit at the Accadamia. Should also pre-book tickets. That's not a bad price for the ship tour.

Hope this helps.

Naples Florida
Level Contributor
241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

Hi,

We are taking the Liberty in June. Our friend from the ship has emailed suggested tours (mostly on our own) from each port. I will forward them to you if you supply your email address.

Michelle....Naples Florida

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

Dear CarnivalJuly30...we are also going on that cruise and we are checking the cruisecritic boards daily, but I also wanted to say that we are trying to arrange some private tours since we don't like what the ship has packaged together in many of the ports...If you would like to join us please go to the CruiseCritic.com Carnival Liberty Roll Call Board for July 30th and we can talk with our shipmates about putting tours together!

Naples Florida
Level Contributor
241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

I will go to cruise critic once they email my password to me.....don't use it so I forgot it.

Thanks,

Michelle Naples Florida

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

We are looking to join people onto a few tours, for example in Barcelona and Cannes. We are a family of three (12 year old daughter). If you have any interest in joining us, let me know, and we could talk further...when you get on cruise critic...you will see my postings as SBWmail

Naples Florida
Level Contributor
241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

we are going in June, when are you?

Michelle Naples Florida

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

I apologize...I saw CarnivalJuly30 and assumed that was the date of the cruise because we are going on Carnival on July 30th...the Carnival Liberty...my mistake...but have a great time!

Naples Florida
Level Contributor
241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

No need for apology.....it would have been great to join you.

If you give me your email I can send you a friend's suggestions regarding the tours who used to have a senior postion on the Liberty. FYI.. the only Carnival tour I have booked is the Taromino on your own....only because I heard the trip there can be dangerous (yikes) and I wanted to be sure we are being transported by a reputable company. The others I have arranged thru other tour companies on our own.

Michelle Naples Florida

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Carnival Liberty JULY 30/2006

We would like to read your friend's suggestions, so my husband's email address is: Neil.weiner@numerique-usa.com. Thank you! I appreciate it!