We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Piazza Girabaldi

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to Piazza Girabaldi

I see on R Steves' map that Piazza Girabaldi is a good photo opp. May I ask somehow how we might get there from Termini Station?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Piazza Girabaldi

There are two buses that go to Piazza Garibaldi, the 870 and the 115. Both stop at Borgo Santo Spirito, on the Lungotevere (the riverside walk) near the Vatican. You could take the number 64 bus from Termini station, which also stops at Borgo Santo Spirito, and catch either bus from there. I think it's the first stop on the number 64 bus after you cross the river.

The view from Piazza Garibaldi is definitely beautiful in all directions. From one side of the piazza, you look west, directly at the dome of St. Peter's. From the other side, you look over central Rome, and you can even see the hills south of Rome, in the Castelli Romani area. It's much the same view that you'd get from the dome of St. Peter's, only it's free.

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Piazza Girabaldi

bvlenci, thank you so much for all of your time and effort. I printing it out to take with me!! ...much appreciation.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
12,321 posts
640 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Piazza Girabaldi

If you are not in a big hurry you could take your time to walk all the Gianicolo (there are at least two other big views, from Piazza del Faro and from the Belvedere Scatoli, in front of the Fountain Acqua Paola) and to come down to Trastevere walking Via Garibaldi.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Piazza Girabaldi

I've walked up the Gianicolo from Trastevere several times, passing the Acqua Paola (which is worth seeing), but I've never walked up or down the other side.

If you don't like to walk, after you visit the Gianicolo, both the 115 and the 870 buses go down to Trastevere, which is worth a visit.

5. Re: Transportation to Piazza Girabaldi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 10:15