We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!! Where did my train ticket go?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westbrook, Maine
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help!! Where did my train ticket go?

I just purchased a ticket for three persons from Rome to Pisa and after entering my credit card information the reservation disapeared. I was directed to register which I did but it is not complete yet...as I have not received my password by email yet (as promised). I don't know what happened to the original reservation. To top it off I think I used the Surname section by incorrectly entering our first names....I got impatient and wanted the Super Saver Fare and impulsively purchased the tickets without really knowing what I was doing. Can anyone help me?

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!! Where did my train ticket go?

First, I would contact your credit company to see if a charge has gone through. I purchased on-line and I got an email right away, however I did not bother registering. The only advantage of registering is that you can look up your PNR code if you lost the original email.

The charges from Trenitalia were posted quickly onto my credit card but I also called my credit card company first to inform them that I was planning to make an on-line transaction.

I also don't think it matters where or what name you put down, with on-line tickets you just show the print out or give them the specific PNR for your particular trip, they don't check ID to see if it matches the ticket.

deep breathe! and good luck!

Westbrook, Maine
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!! Where did my train ticket go?

Thank you so much. It turns out my cc company denied the charges as they suspected fraud. I contacted them and then was able to book my tickets on line. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!! Where did my train ticket go?

<<I also don't think it matters where or what name you put down, with on-line tickets you just show the print out or give them the specific PNR for your particular trip, they don't check ID to see if it matches the ticket.>>

Actually, the credit card company systems do verify that the name and address match their records for the particular credit card number. Otherwise, they get kicked out.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!! Where did my train ticket go?

When you buy the tickets you do have to type in the name of the passengers for the tickets and I don't think it matters how you put it down, I was assuming the OP was making reference to that rather than the credit card information, which I agree it is important to put the name in correctly.

5. Re: Help!! Where did my train ticket go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 04:15