We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from FCO to Rome

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from FCO to Rome

What is the best, quickest and safest way to get from FCO to my hotel which would probably be by the Vatican (I haven't booked it yet)? I will be arriving late (10:35pm) on February 20th from Paris via EasyJet. I have already contacted Rome Shuttle Limousine and they quoted me 45 Euros there and 40 on the return back to the airport. Is spending that much worth it? I have a 12:10pm flight on Aer Lingus back to the NYC (with a stop in Dublin) on Sunday February 24th.

Also, since my first flight on Aer Lingus is to Dublin, how far in advanced should I get to the airport? 2 or 3 hours in advanced?

Thank you!

Helen

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

There is no unsafe way of doing this journey, except perhaps walking along the expressway from the airport.

All the options are set out in the Top Question "To and from FCO airport" at top right of this page. The prices you have been quoted are good for a private transfer.

Ireland is outside the Schengen Treaty area, so you would have to go through both Passport Control and Security at FCO. I would allow 3 hours.

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

Thank you!! Do you think that since I am getting in so late to just to the private transfer? If not, how would I get to the Vatican area by bus/train?

Helen

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

I repeat: "All the options are set out in the Top Question "To and from FCO airport" at top right of this page."

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

If I decide to take the direct train to Rome Termini...how easy would it be to get a taxi from the train station to take me to my hotel by the Vatican? Also, how much would that taxi cost? Do those trains run almost all night?

Helen

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

If you are going to take a taxi from termini, you might as well just take it from the airport to your hotel --- you are talking maybe 5-15 extra euros and less hassle.

After 10 pm taxis ad an extra night premium, last time I was there I think it was 5 euros extra, but it might be more now.

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

Ok thank you!!

Helen

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,389 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

Agree with Penny, Rome Shuttle quoted you 45 Euro from FCO which includes the 5 Euro supplement for late night. I used them this past fall, when I exited Arrivals the gentleman was there holding a placard with my name. My plane was actually a little early and he was there.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

Has anyone used services from the company shuttle direct before? Price is cheaper but I worry at all the bad reviews of shuttle not turning up etc

West Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
43 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

Did you ever hear back on the shuttle direct shuttles? I agree the price is signficantly cheaper and wonder if this is a good deal or a "you get what you pay for." We're two adults and one child who are not interested in waiting endlessly lost through the airport!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from FCO to Rome

i asked my hotel and they say its not worth it, most likely will get cheated. also checked reviews online, looks dodgy.... so we'll be better off cabbing. my final decision was to stay one night at a hotel near CO and move out the next morning. hope this helps :)