We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for Rome Countryside/Vineyard Tour from Rome

Delaware
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommendation for Rome Countryside/Vineyard Tour from Rome

We are spending 2 nights in Rome prior to a cruise this summer. We have already toured all of the "highlights of Rome" on a prior trip. This time, in addition to touring neighborhoods we did not get to last time, we thought it would be fun to take a tour outside of Rome to visit small towns, have lunch at a vineyards or lunch elsewhere and visit a vineyard.. Can anyone recommend where to go? Also, we would most likely need to hire a driver or tour company. Can you recommend one? Thanks so much.

TopBike Rental & Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, City Tours, Bike Tours
City Wonders
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, City Tours
Stefano's RomeCabs
Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
Missouri
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for Rome Countryside/Vineyard Tour from Rome

We've used RomeCabs--they aren't cheap, but they can take you to Orvieto for a tasting or the Montepulciano area. Very nice cars and drivers, also flexible re where you want to go. We have done this tour: www.stefanorometours.com/tours/winetasting/

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for Rome Countryside/Vineyard Tour from Rome

I can recommend this tour - I did it a couple of years ago, absolutely fantastic!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g194843-…

When you book the tour, Anna Rita will book a taxi to pick you up at Orvieto station and take you to the vineyard and then drop you back.

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for Rome Countryside/Vineyard Tour from Rome

We did this tour in November and it was the highlight of our trip:

viator.com/tours/…d511-3731TUSCANY

The tour was booked through Viator, but run by Dark Rome Tours and was excellent! It was a big group, but that didn't detract in any way from our enjoyment. We felt the price was cheap for what we got!

I would recommend this to anyone and do it again myself. Enjoy!

Delaware
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for Rome Countryside/Vineyard Tour from Rome

Thank everyone for all of the suggestions. We are checking all of them out. We are open to suggestions also for restaurants for dinner. Does anyone know of a restaurant in the Jewish Ghetto that has a red awning? I had heard about it but cannot find it on the internet. Supposedly you find it by the awning. Thanks again,

5. Re: Recommendation for Rome Countryside/Vineyard Tour from Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:18