We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

Does anyone know how much a taxi ride for 4 with luggage should be from Risorgimento Square (near St. Peter's) to Tiburtina Station at 9:45am on a weekday? I used some taxi fare sites, and one quoted around 27 Euros and another quoted 13 Euros.

Also, anyone have good experiences taking an Italo train from Tiburtina Station? Is it less chaotic than going out of Termini?

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

It really depends on traffic conditions, I would say a safe bet would be 20 euros plus or minus 5 euros. It's a straight shot across the city, in no traffic it takes 15 minutes.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

Thanks for the info! I think for one of the taxi fare sites, it showed a route that went around the outskirts of the centre of the city, while the other one showed a more direct route cutting across it. Just have to hope that on that morning, traffic won't be too bad and that the taxi takes the most direct route.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,089 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

Always assume that traffic in Rome will be heavy and chaotic. Allow plenty of time for your taxi trip.

Rome
Level Contributor
80 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

The Italo service from Tiburtina is excellent - much easier than negotiating Termini!

When using the taxis please be aware that you will be charged for baggage.

If your luggage is manoeuvrable then you could also walk a few hundred meters (or take the 19 tram 1 stop) to Ottaviano where you can catch the 490 bus which goes all the way to Tiburtina (takes about an hour I think but is only E1.5 each)

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

Thanks, sydneynick! I will definitely assume that traffic will mostly be chaotic, and will give plenty of time for the trip.

Thanks, Copperfield27Rome! Glad to hear that the Italo from Tiburtina is excellent. I am interested in seeing the renovated Tiburtina Station, and trying out the Italo train. The bus sounds like a reasonable option, and thanks for the tip about having to pay extra for luggage for taxis.

What are everyone's thoughts about taking the metro from Ottaviano S. Pietro-Tiburtina? If we limit ourselves to 3 small carry-ons, is it easy to get through the turnstiles and navigate the stations/change of train at Termini? Bear in mind that we will be 2 adults, 1 senior, and 1 child.

Rome
Level Contributor
80 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

Ottaviano and Tib are on different metro lines which would mean changing at Termini - never a fun/easy option and even worse at that time of the morning.

7. Re: Risorgimento Square to Tiburtina Station by Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 05:17