We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prati - Location

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Prati - Location

All

I have booked to stay at the Twentyone Hotel for 4 nights in August, which is situated in the Prati district. I have done some research on here. but I am still a bit unsure on the location and logistics.

Is the location of this hotel situated close to all the main sightseeing opportunites (Pantheon, Spanish Steps) I have seen some reviews stating that it is close by, but others say its a far distance away. We are a couple in our mid-twentys who dont mind walking and exploring but dont fancy spending all of our time walking around, if that makes sense. Would this hotel be a good base for us or would we be better off staying a bit closer to Termini Stattion or another central location?

Tks

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
602 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prati - Location

For one thing, the "main sightseeing opportunities" in Rome are a lot, and not always close one to another. It is a very large city and you can't expect to have everything close at hand.

Apart that, I think Prati is a very good choice. The district is elegant, safe, fairly central and well connected by metro, tram and bus. The off-centre areas are quite other ones. And Via Cola di Rienzo is one of the most popular shopping streets in Rome.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,028 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prati - Location

It's a good idea to be looking at a map - if you do not have a hard copy (which you should get in advance to better plan your trip), look at one online; most of them show the locations of the main sites.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prati - Location

I will of course be picking a map before I depart. The maps on here are good but not as detailed enought to show approx walking distances etc.

So all in all Prati is a decent enough base to explore - in your opinion?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Prati - Location

If you are going to stay at Termini, you might as well stay in Prati which is just as far from the main sights. Prati is more charming than the termini area. But you will need to rely some on public transport just as from Termini, and definitely more walking.

Prati has great shopping, food markets and restaurants. and it's removed from the crush of tourists in the historic center.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Prati - Location

..... and you can use google maps to plot out distances & get a feel for the city if you don;t have a paper map yet.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prati - Location

Thats just what I wanted to hear - thank you.

7. Re: Prati - Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 05:18