We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying tickets online for the Villa Borghese

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rehovoth, Israel
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
buying tickets online for the Villa Borghese

I am trying to buy tickets online for the Villa Borghese Gallery and Museum, and the museum website insists that I supply a province and city - but I am a tourist. And even if I write in Rome, I am still unable to move on to the next stage. Any suggestions of a more user friendly site?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,793 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying tickets online for the Villa Borghese

Did you change the language to English? When you do it only asks for an email address and a phone number.

On the main page look at the column on the right. Right under where it says "menu" you'll find a pull down bar. Select English and continue. You shouldn't have any problems after that.

Donna

Rehovoth, Israel
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying tickets online for the Villa Borghese

Thanks - I discovered this after I posted the question

I was using the Italian, so the site assumed I was Italian.

Austin Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying tickets online for the Villa Borghese

Did you purchase the tickets at www.galleriaborghese.it/prenota-en.htm? Then PRINT them?

And do you have to be there at the exact time or can you be there between your times as scheduled on the ticket?

Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying tickets online for the Villa Borghese

You should get there about 20-30 minutes prior to your set time - you will only be allowed in at that time as the numbers of visitors are controlled. I believe they will make unclaimed tickets available to people who have showed up without them if tickets are not claimed by those with reservations - hence, the reason for asking people to show up earlier than the stated time to retrieve their tickets.

5. Re: buying tickets online for the Villa Borghese

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:16