We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

I'm travelling with 2 children, so I want an easy way to get to my hotel in via del corso from the airport. Can anyone recommend the best way to go. I was thinking a taxi but not sure if this is expensive or a train to termini but I will probably need anothe taxi from there.

Many thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

Take an official taxi from the taxi rank, it's a fixed fare of 48euros, or you can book way in advance with romecabs.com, they are about 40-50 euros.

http://romecabs.com/

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

thanks for your quick reply

Eichstätt, Bayern...
Level Contributor
597 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

It depends on the age of the 2 children.

Taxi has a flat fare to Termini (€48), but it will be higher to a hotel.

You could go with a private hired car transfer, they often give good deals.

The train to Termini is: €14 for each Adult; all children under the age of 4 are free on the Leonardo Express, children between the ages of 4 and 12 are 1 free child for each paying Adult.

If you want to go on the FR1 train, which stops at various Roman Stations (except Termini): €8 for each Adult, same rules for the kids as the Leonardo Express.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,777 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

The flat rate for the taxi is for anywhere within the city walls. It doesn't matter if they're going to the termini or to a hotel. The fee is 48 euros for up to 4 people and their luggage.

I would either go with a private transfer company like romecabs.com or take an official taxi from the rank outside the airport. If you're kids are young you won't want to be dealing with trains and luggage and kids at the same time.

Donna

Eichstätt, Bayern...
Level Contributor
597 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

Also, some Hotels offer a Shuttle Bus service to/from the Fiumicino airport at a nominal cost. They're not always the most readily available, depending on when your flight arrives, but could also be an option, when choosing a Hotel.

Eichstätt, Bayern...
Level Contributor
597 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

Donna, the flat fare is valid to anywhere within the Aurelian Walls, but it is not said that OP's hotel will be within those. Otherwise there wouldn't be a further flat rate for the Roma Tiburtina Station for €55.

The flat fare is valid on taxis that are registered within the City of Rome (Comune di Roma) but not on those registered in the City of Fiumicino (Comune di Fiumicino). Before getting in, it is always a good idea to first ask the driver of how much it will cost.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,694 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

Are we being argumentative just for the sake of it? The OP stated that her hotel is on Via del Corso, which is well within the walls. The flat fare applies.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,031 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

Name one hotel in central Rome that has a free shuttle to the airport.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

It is possible to book in advance a shuttle service even cheaper and more comfortable than normal taxi.

www.airportshuttle.it

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelling with 2 children from fiumicino

When the official taxi was 40 Euro, it was my experience that having the hotel arrange transport the cost was 45-50 Euro.

I used Rome Shuttle Limousine last year (when taxis went to 48 Euro) for transport to and from FCO at 40 Euro each way.

romeshuttlelimousine.com/en/airport-transfer…

Edited: 04 February 2013, 14:52