We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday eating and 21st birthday treat

Scotland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunday eating and 21st birthday treat

My sister and I are taking my daughter to Rome in March as a 21st birthday present, we are staying at the Visconti Palace hotel . Can anyone tell us a good eating place for a Sunday evening near this hotel as I know alot of places close on a Sunday and that is the day we arrive.

We would also like some suggestions to take a 21year old for nice cocktails etc or somewhere nice as a treat bearing in mind she will be with her mum and auntie in their 50s!! This will be my daughters first time in Rome but we have been several times and know our way about quite well but not from this hotel.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday eating and 21st birthday treat

Here's a great list of places that are open on Sundays: www.parlafood.com/eating-in-rome-on-a-sunday/

Looks like the terrific Pizzarium may be closest to your hotel, but you can easily venture to many of the other spots.

For a nice place for a drink, there's the fancy Stravinskij Bar in Hotel de Russie, or perhaps sitting outside at the Bar della Pace ... for a casual place, there's Bar del Fico with people playing chess outside, or Cul de Sac. There are tons of nice places for an apertivo! Here's an article: guardian.co.uk/travel/…top-10-bars-in-rome

Enjoy tour trip to the Eternal City!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
13,386 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday eating and 21st birthday treat

My niece and I once went on a bar crawl to the hotels on Via Veneto, one of those would be nice, although quiet. The Westin Excelsior is really nice, or the Hassler at the top of the Spanish Steps.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday eating and 21st birthday treat

Thank you we should manage to pick something from this list

4. Re: Sunday eating and 21st birthday treat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 05:16