We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

We are seeing coliseum and forum in the morning and would like to walk to the pantheon

Any directions would be a help. I'm struggling to pick an exit point of the forum.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

Grab a map. It's an easy walk.

Donna

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,694 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

Entrance/exit to the Forum is the yellow euro symbol

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

the Pantheon is the violet donut in the upper left. Zoom in for more details.

It's scenic so you coud think about walking.

Electric bus 116 makes the closets approach to the pantheon

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

Thanks lupaling for your help.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
436 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

It is an easy walk, but I would also recommend grabbing a map. We're here for the first time and there were some free maps left in our apartment - I've practically been living out of this map! It's down one really big street, then along another one and down another - really simple to find and there's brown street signs pointing you in the right direction.

From the pantheon, trevi fountain is another easy walk.

We spent about 4 hours in the colosseum. I'd definitely recommend paying the extra for the underground tour, it's worth the 8 EUR. We ended up waiting until the following day to visit the forum so as to appreciate it properly.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

There is an entrance/exit to the Forum about halfway down the Via dei Fori Imperiali (it runs from the Colosseum north-ish to the Piazza Venezia where the big white Victor Emmanuel monument is). From the Piazza Venezia, head north on Via del Corso. As Travelling says, there will be nice brown signs pointing the way (Pantheon will be on your left).

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

If your legs are tired after tramping around the Roman Forum for four hours, the number 571 bus runs along Via dei Fori Imperiali. It has two stops at the Colosseum, another half way up the street, and one at the Campidoglio, just past the Roman Forum, at the foot of the hill where the Capitoline Museums are.

After passing the Campidoglio, the bus turns left, and you would want to get off at the second stop after this turn, Argentina. The Pantheon is just a block or so in off the street where the bus stops. Just walk up via Torre Argentina, and you'll run into the back side of it.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

Thanks for all the replies, we have been so surprised at the lack of free maps available. None in our hotel or at the information place we asked in. Will look harder today I think.

The bus info will come in handy I think as my calves haven't yet recovered lol.

8. Re: Getting from coliseum/forum to pantheon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 05:17