We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

Hi

I am going to Rome in a couple of days and am looking to book tickets online for the colloseum underground tours and vatican tours through Tickitaly. I have read a few bad reviews from a few years ago and was wondering if anyone has used them recently??

Would really appreciate your advice!!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
135 replies to this topic
Herning, Denmark
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

We want to see the other levels of the Coloseum, which we can with the tickes on Tickitaly for 28 Euros each, so maybe we'll give it a try and just print absolutely everything they email us :)

Have a nice trip when you're going :)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,664 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

Yogoamom, the tickets you purchased are just for entry.

You can book the underground tour through the official site and not pay the upcharge to tickitaly.

Donna

California, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

Hi Donna,

thank you for the tip.

How do I find the official site to book a tour?

Alternatively can I just buy a tour once we get in there?

Elaine

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,664 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

Here's the official site for the colosseum

www.coopculture.it/en/ticket.cfm…

There is also a Top Question on how to book in the upper right of this page.

\

donna

California, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

That's really helpful Great info.

Thank you.

Elaine

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

I had a really bad experiment with ticketitaly.

I booked a visit of the Vatican this year, and was on time but the group left. I had a number for emergency but nobody answered.

They don't want to refound me beacause "they have received the total charge by the partner in Rome".

Mentioned in this post
Vatican
Vatican
242 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Herning, Denmark
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

Just wanted to post an update on our purchase.

Everything went just as it should with it, the tour started on time and it was a really good tour. The guide had a lot of knowledge about the Coloseum and Rome.

The only minor problem for us was, that we were a bit unsure about where the meetingpoint was, but we found others with the same stickers on their shirts as ours.

Just print everything you receive on email and remember to bring a photo ID of the person who reserved the tickets. Then you get to skip the very long line there is to a regular visit at the Coloseum :)

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

I just used tickitaly.com and loved it. Purchased tickets for collosseum n academia to see statue of david in florence this morning. Saved me so much time on standing in long lines. This morning, i made some last min booking to academia in florence and had to get my order expedited, so once the office opens at 8:30am, my hotel concierge called to make my expedited request, it was processed within minutes so i can print out the voucher. Very smooth, no issues.

San Carlos...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

We are going to Rome near the end of Oct and would love to do the underground and third level tour of the Colosseum. I have read the entire thread on this forum and followed the instructions given to purchase from the official site: http://www.coopculture.it/en/events.cfm?id=6# .

But the tickets is just for the entrance of the colosseum, roman forum and palatine hills. I am not sure how to buy the actual ticket for the underground/third level tour? Or is the 12Euros ticket the one including the tour too?

Could someone please enlighten me please?

Thank you so much!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Colosseum
Colosseum
120,530 Reviews
Rome, Italy
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,664 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

The 12 euros is just for entry to the 3 sites. For the underground tour you'll need to call to book. It will cost 22.50 but will include the cost of entry.

You can find the number in the Top Questions in the upper right of this page.

Donna

Reply to: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted