We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel with outdoor swimming pool

We are going to Rome in August for one week.One of the travellers is disabled and wants a swimming pool with steps down into it. Can anyone suggest a central Rome hotel which has one.We dont mind paying for a nice hotel with not too far to walk to all the sights.Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

I'm sure someone will come along with a suggestion though I know there are very few such hotels in central Rome but just wanted to point out that there is no place in Rome from which you can walk to all the sites - many of them can be reached via walking from many areas, some closer than others but "not too far to walk to all the sights" does not exist - some will definitely be further away (perhaps more than you want to walk) than others but Rome has a very good public transportation system, so you shouldn't worry about that much.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

If you click on the "Rome Hotels" button at the left side of this page you can select "Swimming Pool" (it's second from the bottom under Amenities). Then click on your budget and you'll see the results in a list and on a map.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,659 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

This hotel has an outdoor pool with steps:

venere.com/hotels/…overview

I've never stayed there, but when my daughter spent a month at the nearby American Academy, the parents of one of her colleagues stayed there when they came to visit her. They seemed pleased with it. From the outside it's beautiful.

One of my daughters stayed at this hotel last summer, which has an outdoor pool, but I don't know about the steps. She wasn't thrilled with the hotel, but I don't remember why.

venere.com/waldorf-astoria/…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

I think all of the very few hotels in Rome with a pool are outside the city center.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,659 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

I just realized that the second hotel is mistaken; my daughter stayed in a different hotel, but I can't find its name. It was closer to the Vatican than the Cavalieri Hilton, which I know for other reasons.

Scarborough, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Thanks but I have done that but the trouble is you cannot tell if the pool has steps down into it, most look like a ladder from the photographs.My friend needs to be able to walk down and walk back up from the pool because a ladder entry is impossible for her. Thankyou.

Scarborough, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Thankyou, I will look them up

Scarborough, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Hi Thanks, I am beginning to think you are right! We have a wheelchair so hoping on and off transport not a good idea. We spent a day in Rome and saw a lot of the sights just walking with a good map. We want to return but stay in the center if possible.

Scarborough, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Thankyou, I am beginning to think that no such hotel with a pool exists in central Rome.We want to do the sights then chill by a pool for a week, taking it steady day by day.I found the ''Gran Melia but it is extremely expensive.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Yes, no hotels in central Rome have a pool.