We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Scarborough, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel with outdoor swimming pool

We are going to Rome in August for one week.One of the travellers is disabled and wants a swimming pool with steps down into it. Can anyone suggest a central Rome hotel which has one.We dont mind paying for a nice hotel with not too far to walk to all the sights.Thanks.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

The Grand Hotel Gianicolo does have steps down into its pool, as you can see from this photo on a different booking site:

…cdn-hotels.com/hotels/…1227692_48_b.jpg

However, you would be dependent on public transportation in that location. The hotel is on the Janiculum (Gianicolo) Hill, and there are some very attractive spots right on the hill. It's also a fairly easy walk to Trastevere and the Vatican, but it's on top of a hill, so the way back would be uphill.

I don't think it's a terribly expensive hotel, so maybe you could manage a few taxi trips a day with the money you save by not going to the Gran Melia.

The Cavalieri Hilton, which I mentioned before, does have a pool, but I don't know about the steps. They also have a shuttle into the center of Rome. Is the wheelchair a folding one? Can the person walk short distances?

Many Rome buses now have low sills so that people with physical limitations can get on more easily, and many also have a place to anchor a wheelchair. Some even have a system so that wheelchairs can be rolled on. When you know where you'll be staying, I can try to help you with the transportation issues.

There's also something called Bus Abile a Chiamata, which is a service for people with physical limitations, where you reserve a bus by calling a day in advance. I can't find information about the cost, although I know I saw it once. Here's a page in Italian which has the number to call to reserve the service. Your hotel could surely help you with the reservation.

http://www.atac.roma.it/page.asp?p=56

It's available Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 1 PM.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 22:42
Scarborough, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Thankyou, that pool and steps is exactly what we are looking for, I will look it up in more detail.Thankyou for the information I am very grateful for your time.I have noted it all.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

This place has a pool and is fairly central, looks like ladders to the pool though, click on "Travellers Photos" and have a look

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187791-d2289…

Scarborough, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

Thanks, it does look like a ladder pool because the pool is raised.Sometimes it is difficult to tell from photos.

15. Re: hotel with outdoor swimming pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:17