We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Hi! I am currently in Rome staying at the Hotel Gerber by the Vatican...my sister and I want a nice, reasonably priced, place to eat that we can enjoy some pasta and wine :) Any suggestions? We are willing to take the metro if needed.

Thanks!!

Helen

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
868 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Sort of behind the Vatican walls is a restaurant called Goose. We had a very good lunch there on our last visit.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
710 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Agree, had enjoyable dinner at Goose one night a couple of years ago.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1…

Also this restaurant closer to the Portico entrance to the Vatican...Perdincibacco

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

You are lucky, because Prati has many excellent non touristy restaurants!!

Try Pizzeria San Marco and Sicilia in Bocca.

Try to stay away from the immediate vicinity of the Vatican where you will most likely find a tourist trap.

Edited: 22 February 2013, 16:13
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
710 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

This place also was very nice. Tratoria Polese. Not in the Vatican Area. Accross the river off of via V Emanual

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Thank you!! Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Tomorrow is my last night in Rome before heading home so we want to have a last dinner together before I leave my sister. Thanks again!

Helen

6. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 05:17