We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish steps in bloom

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Spanish steps in bloom

I will be arriving in Rome April 15th and staying for one week. Does anyone know if the flowers on the Spanish steps will be out during that time? some sites say yes, others no.

1. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 03:05
Boston...
Level Contributor
392 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

Wow qaminari that was harsh. Lots of us dream about our upcoming trips and like to imagine what it will be like when we get there. Yes we can wait for ALL the details until we are there, in fact we have to. But some of us feel so lucky to have the chance to travel we start daydreaming months ahead and might have a question or curiosity about something. If you are so easily annoyed just don't read them. You certainly don't have to respond so rudely.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

In 2012, Roma Capitale said on April 22 that the azaleas were "in the process of being installed".

In 2011, the same Web site said on April 15 that they were being installed.

In 2007, 1000 plants had already been installed on April 6.

There is no set date, and it depends on the weather.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

Thank you for your replies. I am happily daydreaming and planning, and I am also curious. Trip Advisor removed what I assume was an unnecessary reply, so I am also blissfully unaware. But thank you for your indignation. I hope that the weather is in my favour and the Steps are in bloom.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

On the 1000 words principle, these are from that week in the last two years...

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=spanish+steps+rome&d=taken-20120414-20120421&ct=0&mt=all&adv=1

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=spanish+steps+rome&d=taken-20110414-20110421&ct=0&mt=all&adv=1

May need to copy those to your browser's address line - and watch for any that were mislabelled...

Happy daydreams!

Peter

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

Yes Terranora - happy daydreams.

I have always wanted to see the flowers on the Spanish Steps and will miss it again this year so I hope it is the stuff of your imaginings.

I can only compare your wishes to my own daydreams about Oia in Santorini. I wanted to see the same sunset that's in all the photos on calendars the world over. And - yes I saw it last year. Bucket list ticked! So I hope you see your dreams too!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

I saw them three years ago and it was really beautiful and I don't even care for the Spanish Steps but when I came around the corner and saw them, it was really stunning - mostly because I wasn't expecting it and hadn't thought about it so it was just a surprise blast of color.

I liked that it was just a whole world of pink happening - liked it was one color.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

The photos are perfect. They also give me an idea of the weather. Thank you.

9. Re: Spanish steps in bloom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:18