We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro or Taxi Piazza del Popolo to Roma Termini

Brisbane,Australia
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Topic
Metro or Taxi Piazza del Popolo to Roma Termini

I know there is a Metro stop close by Piazza del Popolo but with luggage each would it be better to just get a taxi to the Roma Termini?

Are there any restrictions for luggage on the metro, we will have a medium bag plus hand luggage.

Thank you, mmmsby4

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro or Taxi Piazza del Popolo to Roma Termini

The metro stop at Piazza del Popolo is called Flaminia. There are no elevators there. I'm not sure what constitutes "medium"- I would say that if you can carry your luggage comfortably up a flight of steps, you could take the metro, otherwise I would get a taxi.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro or Taxi Piazza del Popolo to Roma Termini

Well, the Metro's quicker and much less expensive (a single ticket costs 1,50 E.)! Get on at the "Flaminio" stop, take the train towards "Anagnina" and get off at "Termini"; this stop is located underneath the railway station. I don't think you'll have any problems with luggage...

Edited: 05 March 2013, 07:49
3. Re: Metro or Taxi Piazza del Popolo to Roma Termini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 07:16