We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a suit in Rome, Italy??

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a suit in Rome, Italy??

So it seems suit rental in Rome isn't the booming business I thought it would be! After looking for suit rental places online, I have come completely unstuck and extremely frustrated with the lack of help google is providing me with!

In which case, can anyone please shed some light on any good suit rental places that are not too expensive for a days hire. I am getting married in August and have no desire to purchase a suit so hiring seems like the best option for me!

thank you in advance for any kind advice givers.. :)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,976 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a suit in Rome, Italy??

Can't help you with anything in Rome. Why not hire a suit from home and bring it with you? Perhaps a relative can take it back with them and turn it in for you?

Donna

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a suit in Rome, Italy??

There are various places to rent suits in Rome. What you want to search for is "noleggio abiti Roma".

Here is one place, a tailor who rents suits. He's located in Trastevere, very convenient to the center. His prices range from €100 to €190.

http://www.misanonoleggioabiti.com/Misano/

Click on ""Dove siamo" to see contact details. Click on "Il noleggio" to see photos of the kinds of suits he has. They're all rather formal.

Here is another, not as conveniently located:

matrimonio.com/noleggio-vestiti/sorelle-ferr…

From the photos, it looks as though they specialize in bridal gowns, but they do say they have suits for the groom.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 12:39
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
620 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a suit in Rome, Italy??

Having been married in Rome myself, I would sincerely suggest getting/renting a suit in the U.S. before leaving for Rome. You will be jet-lagged and running around like crazy when you get there, and do not need the aggravation of trying to get a suit in Rome, particularly if you do not speak the language. This is your wedding, you should get the suit in advance and have the time to get one that looks good on you and is appropriate to the wedding party.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a suit in Rome, Italy??

Flying to Sri Lanka from china then to Italy and really don't want the hassle of bringing one with me. Renting is my best option I think as I travel too much to be trying to fit a suit in my suitcase! Lol but thanks for the advice and the links! They're awsome! :)

5. Re: Hiring a suit in Rome, Italy??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 05:18