We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greece and Italy tour in 10 days

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calcutta, West...
3 posts
Save Topic
Greece and Italy tour in 10 days

I am planning a tour for Greece & Italy for 10days. M y itinerary is like this:

1. Athens.(2days)

2. Mykonos.(1day)

3. Santonini.(2days)

4. Rome ( will reach there by flight from Santonini) (2days)

5. Venice(3days)

Can anyone suggest anything about this tour plan? And can anyone give any idea about the expenses?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greece and Italy tour in 10 days

Check the airlines you will need to fly from Greece to Italy for prices/scheduling and for trains in Italy, check www.trenitalia.com (Italian train system) - there are various prices for different types of trains, special discounts, etc.

www.venere.com is good to use for checking for lodging - you can sort at that site by budget.

Have you calculated all the time you are going to spending just getting from one place to another? It is an enormous amount of time you will spending on planes, boats and trains; but, if that is okay with you, then fine - but, if you want to spend more time visiting any of these places, you might want to go to fewer places. But, first, add up the fight times (including the few hours you need to be at the airport(s) before your flight, getting to and from the airports and train stations, checking in and out of hotels - all very very time consuming.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,570 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greece and Italy tour in 10 days

Leave out Mykonos and fly Athens to Santorini ww.aegeanair.com

Santorini to Rome www.easyjet.com Dependent on your travel dates

Train Rome to Venice www.trenitalia.it/homepage-en.html www.italotreno.it

Accommodation www.venere.com and for Italy www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Greece and Italy tour in 10 days

Leaving out Mykonos sounds like the least you could do. It's a very crazy itinerary. I would try and do it over 14 days - not counting time to and from India- so you would need 16 days.

Calcutta, West...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greece and Italy tour in 10 days

MomCat1992 thank you very much...the planning is still at a primary stage...I am looking for this trip in around 2015...so there is nothing final yet and I can accept any suggestion and change it accordingly

Nurioopta & penny07 Both of said it right that I should increase the time because otherwise it is a very crazy plan.......Thank you very much.

5. Re: Greece and Italy tour in 10 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 04:16