We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Ancona

Ontario
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Rome to Ancona

My family is planning to travel to Zadar, Croatia, first landing in Rome then taking a train to Ancona and ferry to Zadar. Is it realistic to land in Rome Fri July 25 at 11:40am, spend the night in Rome, then take the train Saturday to Ancona, spend the night there, then ferry Sun @12:30?? I know we won't be able to do much sightseeing on the way but I don't want our travel to be too rushed. We have a 2 & 5 year old so it should be interesting! Coming home we are planning to take the ferry out of Zadar or Split Fri Aug 9 or Sat Aug 10 to Ancona, spending 3-4 nights in Rome then flying out Mon Aug 12 @6pm. My husband's family is in Zadar so our vaction centres around being there, but flying directly to Zadar is almost $3000 more than flying to Rome. I thought it would be nice to get a little taste of Italy as well! Any thoughts on where to stay, what to do would be appreciated!

Thanks, Jen

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,050 reviews
from US$77.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
530 reviews
from US$419.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,840 reviews
from US$125.70*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,643 reviews
from US$58.30*
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Ancona

Of course it's realistic. Have you considered flying to Ancona instead of Rome? I was looking at that a few days ago and saw that you can fly Lufthansa to Munich and then fly Air Dolmiti to Ancona (this would have been from Boston but I imagine you would see similar flights from Ontario).

2. Re: Rome to Ancona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 04:16