We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tickets on trenitalia using Credit Card

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Booking tickets on trenitalia using Credit Card

hi all,

I am still waiting to book my tickets on trenitalia, i need to book many of them ! since the tickets are not out after 9th june. (any idea when they will be out?)

But, in the meanwhile I am trying to prepare myself for booking.

There are many places where I read international CC does not work with trenitalia.

I have an Indian credit card. ( I have both mastercard and visa)

Can some one please help me what is the current status of booking tickets using international credit cards with trenitalia ?

If not on trenitalia how to book ?

Does http://www.italotreno.it also has this issue ?

Regards

Puneet

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,811 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking tickets on trenitalia using Credit Card

Most international credit cards now work perfectly well on these websites.

When cards don't work, the most common cause is the customer's own bank blocking transactions to all or to selected foreign accounts to prevent fraud - and this can be sorted out by contacting your bank.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking tickets on trenitalia using Credit Card

thanks good to know this ..

3. Re: Booking tickets on trenitalia using Credit Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:17