We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosary Blessed by the Pope?

Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rosary Blessed by the Pope?

I was in Rome 4 years ago for a school trip and while we were at the Vatican we had the chance to buy a Rosary and then have it sent to be blessed by the Pope. I am back living in Rome now and my parents are coming to visit me and my mom wants a rosary blessed.I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about having the rosary blessed?

Thank you.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosary Blessed by the Pope?

You might try posting in the Vatican City forum, but I don't know that the Pope has a TripAdvisor account or if he does, whether he reads the forum on a regular basis.

He does however have a twitter account, so you could try sending him a request here:

https://twitter.com/Pontifex

Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rosary Blessed by the Pope?

Great Thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rosary Blessed by the Pope?

Best way is to go to a papal audience on a Wednesday. Tickets are free. We had our rosaries blessed during the liturgy - it's kind of like a mass blessing of everyone's holy items if you get me. There is also a store inside St. Peter's just near the stairs for the cupola. They have heaps of rosaries - worthwhile asking if any of them are blessed however the lovely nuns who run the store speak no English, so maybe get your phrase book out.

4. Re: Rosary Blessed by the Pope?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:17