We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats open on Sundays

Boston
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Whats open on Sundays

Hi - we will most lightly arrive on a Saturday evening so Sunday will be our first day in Rome. Just wondering if we'll be able to see the sights and shop on Sunday. If not any reccomendations on what to do?

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,072 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats open on Sundays

Almost all of the sites will be open (The Vatican Museums are the biggest exception to this rule) and some shops.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,001 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats open on Sundays

As a tourist who has arrived in Rome late on a Saturday I wish some entrepreneur would open a supermarket on a Sunday. They could make some serious euros.

Edited: 06 April 2013, 00:48
rome
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats open on Sundays

Almost all supermarkets in rome are open sunday mornings till noon, and some are open all day. Also, there are 3 farmers markets that are open.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,001 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats open on Sundays

I have been to Rome twice... both times prior to that I inquired about supermarket hours on a Sunday and where I could find one. I was never given any answers to this, and the two supermarkets that were near where we stayed were not open... even the small convenience store was closed. It's also difficult to find them on google. Both times we stayed in the historic center. So I wished you had read my posts from 2011 and 2012.

5. Re: Whats open on Sundays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 06:16