We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced cafes and supermark close to Spanish steps

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced cafes and supermark close to Spanish steps

Hi

My wife and I are staying near the Spanish steps, please could you advise of cafes close and supermarkets close by. Our Hotel is charging an extortionate rate for breakfast so would like to explore other options close by.

Thanks

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced cafes and supermark close to Spanish steps

My favorite restaurant in this area is Otello della Concordia. I have been going to this restaurant for 30 years. It cannot be beat for authentic, Roman cuisine at an affordable price. Via della Croce, 81, Rome, Italy

I also enjoy La Capricciosa at Largo dei Lombardi 8, Via del Corso, Rome,

There is a deli style market across from Otello. La Peonia Via delle carrozze,85 Please don't miss shopping for fresh produce at Campo di Fiori in the mornings, wonderful.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 17:47
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced cafes and supermark close to Spanish steps

From the sublime to the cor blimey?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187791-…

But for an idea of what's usually eaten, try "Tony has a roman breakfast" here - from a great show we watched the other evening - although you may prefer to close it, or use the "back" button, once that particular clip is over!

travelchannel.com/tv-shows/…rome-2

Hope you'll find somewhere - but if all else fails, scoot over to the place we used to go when our hotel were selling their so-so breakfasts separately, Bar Rossana, on the corner of Via dei Chiavari....

https:/…4d9d9ed35c33a35d7ccd04a1

Not fancy, but great coffee and buns, and modest prices ....low enough even to cover the taxi fare?

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/147567810

Plus it's only 2 minutes walk away from the Campo de' Fiori!

Peter

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced cafes and supermark close to Spanish steps

There's a supermarket inside the Spagna metro stop.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced cafes and supermark close to Spanish steps

There is a good Despar supermarket a few minutes from the Spanish Steps, at Via del Bufalo, 123. The supermarket stocks a variety of breads, cheeses, meats, cereal, fruit, vegetables, pasta, bottled water, sodas, and other foods, as well as toiletries.

For a quick cornetto and a shot of coffee we go down our street to Burro e Alici, Via delle Mercede, 34, run by the affable Mario in his floppy hat. There is also the classic Antico Caffè Greco at Via dei Condotti, 86 – a bit expensive but an experience. See www.anticocaffegreco.eu. Also, many bars near the Spanish Steps are open in the morning for Roman breakfast of a cornetto and a shot of coffee: eat Roman style, which is standing at the bar, and it will be much cheaper than sitting down at a table.

5. Re: Reasonably priced cafes and supermark close to Spanish steps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 06:18