We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris, Rome,Budapest

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Paris, Rome,Budapest

I have 5 days to see Rome & Budapest, leaving from Paris

Would like to fly between cities as not much time, was hoping to find out which city to start with first.

We will end up in Venice on the last day. Hopefully someone can help with the best option to take.

Cheers

Maggi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris, Rome,Budapest

I would only see one city given that you only have 5 days.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,241 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris, Rome,Budapest

Flights Paris to Budapest www.easyjet.com

Taxi from Budapest airport www.fotaxi.hu

Flights Budapest to Rome www.wizzair.com

Rome airport bus www.sitbusshuttle.com

Trains Rome to Venice www.trenitalia.it/homepage-en.html www.thallotreno.it

Accommodation www.venere.com

Currency exchange www.xe.com

www.budapest.com

www.rone.info

Edited: 09 April 2013, 02:11
New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris, Rome,Budapest

It sounds like the OP has already made up his/her mind. I would fly into Budapest first then fly into Rome. I believe there are some low cost airlines that service these cities. Then from Rome to Venice, I would take the train versus flying. It's only 3 hours+ via train, and if you factor the amount of time you need to get to and from the airport, the time difference is not material. Besides the Termini (Rome) and Santa Lucia (Venice) stations are conveniently located in their respective cities.

Personally, I wouldn't do this itinerary, but you must have your reasons. There are plenty of things to see in each of these cities for an entire week.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
430 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris, Rome,Budapest

There's a typo from @Nurioopta. The other train line is www.italotreno.it. It does seem you'll spend half the time in transit...

Sydney
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris, Rome,Budapest

Thanks everyone for your comments

Arriving London early morning for 2 nights from syd 1st time there ideas on what to do

6. Re: Paris, Rome,Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 07:17