We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Opinion--which apartment?

L R
Level Contributor
310 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Need Opinion--which apartment?

My husband and I are traveling to Rome, pre cruise with my mom who is in her seventies. We will be there for 4 nights. I currently have reserved an apartment at the Hotel Mozart near the spanish steps. It is a one bedroom and is a few minute walk from the main hotel. It has an elevator according to the hotel but i have read many reviews that mention the elevator wasn't working or was a bit questionable. After researching the trip, i am also not as sold on the location as we are not big shoppers and will probably not be using the metro. My mom has issues with a lot of stairs and we will probably use taxis if we are traveling a significant distance for her.

I have found an apartment in the Campo dei fiori area which is also 1 bedroom and has terrace and has laundry for about the same price. It has an elevator and i feel like this may be a better location.

I liked the idea of having the hotel available if any issues or problems came up or if we needed guidance, but now i am leaning towards doing the rental.

any thoughts?

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,440 Reviews
from US$82.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$412.60*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,819 Reviews
from US$60.80*
US$67.50
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,919 Reviews
from US$123.80*
United States
Level Contributor
9,877 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Opinion--which apartment?

Ask the apartment rental agent what assistance/support is available if you need help. Sometimes there is someone you can call and most apartments have local suggestions in a book left in the apartment. Make sure there is an emergency number for apartment problems.

TAB

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,116 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Opinion--which apartment?

Assuming you get a satisfactory response to the questions posed above, I'd go for the Campo dei Fiori location. It's much more central.

L R
Level Contributor
310 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Opinion--which apartment?

Thanks for the feedback--I will definitely check on the emergency contacts.

4. Re: Need Opinion--which apartment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:19