We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel booked...thanks to all who helped!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel booked...thanks to all who helped!

Yeah -flights and hotel booked. Nice hotel in Trastevere with a balcony, too! Thanks to all who helped me with my hotel recommendations.

Now, I just need an up to date guide book - last visit was 25years ago, and that was just a long weekend.

I'll lurk here for a while gathering info, then I'm sure I'll have some more questions!

Roll on September!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,593 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel booked...thanks to all who helped!

Hey Heidi - glad you got your balcony place!

If I could recommend a guide book - use DK Eyeweitness Travel Top Ten Rome. They have everything you need - with photos - and a little map that folds into a tiny square you can tuck into your cross body bag (the bag that defies pickpockets :)

Hope you get time to post a trip review when you get back!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel booked...thanks to all who helped!

I'm glad you found something. Which hotel did you choose? The information might be helpful if anyone else is looking for a balcony. Also, don't forget to report back to tell us how your stay went. I hope you get lovely weather.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel booked...thanks to all who helped!

Yes, I like the DK guides, so I'll probably get one of them. I may even get into the modern world by then and invest in a tablet so I can carry travel guides and books easily - not to mention easy access to TA while we are travelling!

BV - I've chosen the Worlthotel Ripa Rome as it is well located (I hope) in Trastevere, has balconies and a lift. It is quite expensive but nowhere nearly as expensive as many hotels in the centre of Rome.

There do not seem to be many moderately priced hotels in this area (with balconies) although there are many charming looking apartments. I considered a few apartments but many require sustantial upfront payments to individuals with whom you have little recourse in the event of any problems. Many are also up three flights of stairs, which does not appeal with luggage, or after long days sightseeing. Finally many of the small apartments only have one double bed - I prefer two beds as I'm travelling with my daughter!!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel booked...thanks to all who helped!

I hope you enjoy your trip. Report back to us, please, to tell us how it went.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel booked...thanks to all who helped!

Of course, but I'm sure I'll be asking some more questions first!

6. Re: Hotel booked...thanks to all who helped!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:17