We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would a realistic arrival time be ?

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
783 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
What would a realistic arrival time be ?

Our flight is due to arrive in to fuimicino at 16.10 hrs and we are considering booking a private transfer or a taxi to out hotel which is on via maggio XXlV .... Can anyone advise me on what time ( roughly) that we can expect to be in the hotel by . Oh and it's a Wednesday if that has any significance ... Many thanks ... I'm just trying to work out if we'll be there early enough to do anything other than check in and have dinner before its time for bed ...

Oh and an off topic question ... For anyone in the know ... Where is the best Canolli to be found ? My husband could live on this stuff :)

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would a realistic arrival time be ?

Sorry I should have mentioned that well be arriving from London heathrow with checked luggage .

TY

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would a realistic arrival time be ?

The fastest we have ever made it from stepping off the plane to arrival at our front door near the Spanish Steps is a little under one hour, and that is with no checked luggage, knowing Fiumicino airport well, and arriving at 8 am. The checked luggage is a big variable -- we've waited up to 40 minutes for checked luggage. I'd count on 1 1/2 hours total to get to your hotel, assuming no major problems getting the luggage.

I'd plan on an evening stroll that can be as short or as long as your energy level permits -- go past the Colosseo, perhaps Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain ... all are beautiful at night. There's a lot you can see just walking about.

As for cannoli -- head right to Ciuri Ciuri. Closest one to your hotel is probably the one at #18/20 on Via Leonina and website is http://www.ciuri-ciuri.it Warning -- they are totally addictive!

I'm going to also throw out some places to try in the area: the good wine bar Al Vino al Vino at Via dei Serpenti, 19 (good wine by the glass, make sure to try the caponade) and L'Asino d'Oro, terrific and reasonably priced restaurant at Via del Boschetto, 73 (amazing weekday lunch special with wine for 13 euros).

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Spanish Steps
Spanish Steps
18,640 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Fiumicino Airport
Fiumicino Airport
Fiumicino, Italy
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,386 Reviews
Rome, Italy
The Spanish Suite
The Spanish Suite
156 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Trevi Fountain
Trevi Fountain
79,977 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Ciuri Ciuri
Ciuri Ciuri
543 Reviews
Rome, Italy
L'Asino d'Oro
L'Asino d'Oro
824 Reviews
Rome, Italy
3. Re: What would a realistic arrival time be ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 06:17