We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking classes in English

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cooking classes in English

I am hoping to find a reasonably priced cooking class while staying in Rome for a month (April19-May 21). So far, the ones I have found in Rome are quite expensive(Florence seems more reasonable)--many around $500 for a day for each person!. While these are incredible experiences, I just want something for half a day or an evening just to learn some interesting tips. Any ideas--am desperate at this point? We are staying in Prati near Vatican city. Thanks in advance for any help

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking classes in English

My sister and her husband took a cooking class that they were very satisfied with. It was in a roman lady's own kitchen; very friendly but still professional and they learned a great deal about italian food. They spend an afternoon there, about 4h and then they all had dinner together in the garden. I think she spent about 250€ for two persons on a private class. The company is called Livitaly tours.

I have seen that some hotels also organize cooking classes but it seems impersonal. Good luck!

Level Contributor
1,122 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking classes in English

Walks of Italy have a morning food tour where you go to the Campo Dei Fiori market & make a pizza for lunch. It is just the morning & reasonable. I've never done this tour, but WOI has good reviews on TA.

A day trip I did do was with Convivio Rome. Took the train to their location, very beautiful area. You sampled wine, olive oil, made a relaxing lunch. Well worth it. They offer one day trips.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,744 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking classes in English

This one is cheaper and has great reviews - tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

New Zealand
Level Contributor
226 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking classes in English

Hi, here is the web site for a market tour and cooking class in Rome that both my sister and I did last year and there were two other people also on the tour and cooking class.

Daniela is wonderful, very informative and a good day was had by all that attended.

We had a woderful meal at the end of the day which included all the goodies that were purchased fresh at the market and then cooked back at Daniela's house.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking classes in English

This article on cooking class in English may be helpful: eatingitalyfoodtours.com/2013/…

We did the Walks of Italy market and pizza-making tour. It was enjoyable but the pizza making was a very short part of it, so if you are looking for a concentrated cooking class that may not be the thing for you.

Also, if you are interested -- the master artisan gelato maker Claudio Torce gives classes -- see parlafood.com/gelato-workshop-make-ice-cream…

Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
2,235 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cooking classes in English

Daniela's cooking school and cooking classes in rome are the two i always recommend - the first a bit more exclusive and intimate, the second in slightly bigger groups and much fun.

Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cooking classes in English

Daniela's cooking school (www.danielascookingschool.com) was a highlight of our trip to Rome. Daniela's a marvelous traditional Italian cook, and we spent almost five hours with her learning to make course after course of delicious Italian food. We met her at a market place where she knew all the best vendors and we picked out almost every ingredient we used that day. Then we went to her apartment where we guided us through preparing our meal which we then sat down and ate together. I loved that the class was in her house, which is in the Aventino, one of the seven hills of Rome and a beautiful neighborhood. It cost $200/person which isn't cheap, but considering the food and her assistant, seemed well worth it.

8. Re: Cooking classes in English

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 05:16