We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a Starbucks In Rome

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
171 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a Starbucks In Rome

I am a collector of Starbucks coffee mugs and want to know if anyone can tell me if Starbucks has a location in Rome? If so; what is the address. We will be there in Two days. Many Thanks !!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

No, I haven't. That sort of touristy place isn't my cup of tea, so to speak. I make the world's best scones at home, anyway.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
749 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

... me too bv ... I nicked the recipe from Babington's 23 years ago when I was working in Rome ...

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

My family is Irish, and my father grew up in Scotland. Our Scots friends made fantastic scones, and I got my recipe from them. I've never found a decent scone in the US; they are doughy and heavy and usually stick to the roof of your mouth. I've given up trying them, but my (Italian) husband likes them. He also likes the gummy muffins sold in most US coffee shops. I also make fantastic muffins, recipe from an old Fanny Farmer cookbook. My husband admits mine are better.

My scone recipe has a lot of butter, and not much sugar. The butter is cut in (with two knives or your fingertips) as you would do in making a pie crust. It's best made with dried currants, but they're hard to find here in Italy, so I sometimes use raisins.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

Breliner- I too collect Starbucks mugs wherever I go and was very disappointed to learn there are no Starbucks in Itsly!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
749 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

Sounds similar bv ... For every 520g flour, 170g butter, 225ml heavy cream, 90g sugar, pinch salt, 2 eggs, 20g baking powder, 15ml vanilla, half lemon zest and juice ... If you use raisins soak them in the lemon juice ... same pie crust procedure ... good luck!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

I'd have to find the recipe, because I've been doing it by eye for years now, but mine definitely don't have lemon zest or vanilla. I don't think the traditional scone has any flavorings.

Edited: 06 October 2013, 21:58
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
749 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

... when in Rome bv ... the added favors give the scones a Mediterranean hint without sacrificing their Scottish short bread texture. Like the difference between Cornetti and Croissant ... for a very distinct twist I have substituted some of the heavy with ricotta and used pistachio instead of raisins ... Hello Catania!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

Awesome defense of my fave back home coffee.

1 post
Save Reply
79. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

I am in Italy right now and among the people that I have talked to, they want them here. Also they have a Starbucks in the Rome international airport

Canada
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Is there a Starbucks In Rome

I doubt there is a starbucks in Italy, they would never be able to compete with the Italian market. People in Italy just don't walk around with paper cups of coffee. My italian relatives have tried Starbucks in other countries, as they had heard of it, but found it very burnt tasting and bitter.