We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking from Navona to Pantheon

California
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
walking from Navona to Pantheon

With 2 luggages, do you think I can be able to walk from Piazza Navona to Pantheon? I get a ride which stop at P.Navona, my hotel is at Pantheon area. I googled it, it seems like i have to walk thu some buildings (wish to have a magic broom to fly over it) to get to Pantheon.

Your advices is greatly appreciated.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: walking from Navona to Pantheon

I assume they are on wheels? If so, sure you can do it - it is only about an 8 minute walk, maybe a bit slower with suitcases. I see people hauling luggage all the time - cobblestone streets can make some of it a bit rough going but you will get there. Or, just take a taxi.

California
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking from Navona to Pantheon

Thanks MomCat: off hand, do you have a quick safe walking route instruction that you can write it down for me? Yes, my luggages are on wheel: 1 med. and 1 small. Appreciate it.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking from Navona to Pantheon

It would be hard to give you walking directions without knowing where exactly you'll be dropped off, and the exact address of your hotel. I imagine you'd be dropped off either on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II or on Corso del Rinascimento. If you're standing in the Piazza, you'll see pedestrian signs pointing you to the Pantheon. They're brown signs showing a pedestrian icon, with white lettering.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: walking from Navona to Pantheon

Honestly, no; I know Rome now like a homing pigeon - I know the streets (but forget the names), the turns and rarely will use my map unless going somewhere brand new to me but you will need a map anyway when you are there, so you should get one in advance so you can better plan your time there. You can also look at google maps for directions - go to google maps and put in Piazza Navona to the Pantheon and choose the walking icon and a cool map shows up showing you the walking route together with detailed walking directions to the left of the map showing you the walking route. You can then print it, zoom in and write down what you want, etc.

For some reason, it won't let me copy the URL link to put in this response to you.

California
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking from Navona to Pantheon

Blenci's input is great, this way I will look out/follow the posted pedestrian signs from Piazza N. to Pantheon. Definitely I will purchase a city map. I will have to study at home the route from google map and the actual city map, highlight the routes and here I go. I will be dropped off right at Piazza Navona. I love to walk a bit to take in the new city that I visit. With luggages, I just want to get to the destination as fast as I can. Many thanks for all your help!

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
431 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walking from Navona to Pantheon

There's more than 1 route, which as mentioned will depend on which part of Piazza Navona you exit from. But the route is well signed. And, the majority of tourist traffic will walk that route in between. Unlike some other parts of Rome, the road between those two places are mostly north/south/east/west.

7. Re: walking from Navona to Pantheon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:16