We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Italy

Christchurch...
4 posts
Save Topic
Getting married in Italy

My gf and I are traveling to Europe for the first time, and in the meanwhile we would like to get ourselves wed in Italy. It will only be a 2-week-trip; arriving in Rome on the 21st Sep and then leaving Europe from Paris on the 4 Oct.

So during these two weeks, we want to schedule our travel plan around the wedding. We would like the wedding to be taken place in either Venice, Florence or Rome. So there is a huge flexibility on the BIG day. I have been doing some extensive research on wedding planners, but there so many of them. Is there anyone here have hired one in the past and would like to recommend to us? Also, I have been trying to look for site for gowns and suits rental for our big day, but I couldn't find any site has useful information. Does anyone know here? and how much would that be since we are traveling with a limited budget.

We have a few places where we would love to visit during the whole trip, but I would like to have some experienced travelers like you guys to give us some advices. Places we want to visit are like Florence, Venice, Rome, Tuscany, and Naples (is Amalfi coast worthwhile for a visit btw?) Because we are both big fans of heritage buildings and art, we really want to see as many museums and churches as possible during the stay in Italy. We both have never been to Europe before, so we are not too sure about how long we should stay in Paris, but I think staying in Italy for the majority of the time is a good thing given with our interest and hobbies I guess?

Any suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you all!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Italy

Congratulations!

We got married in Rome last June. Planned everything ourselves, so can't help you with wedding planners. I had a gown with me from home, but my husband bought a suit in a little tailor shop near Piazza Navona.

Just really wanted to tip you about Rochelle Cheever, an amazing wedding photographer. She's not exactly cheap, but so so worth it!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Italy

We were married in Rome some years ago. Not sure if you are Catholic, for us (not being Catholic) we had to be married in a civil ceremony, which we had in the Campidoglio. We had help from friends and family in Rome who knew the ins and outs of getting married there, but it was still a lot of work going to different buildings to fill out paperwork. Sometimes you need to show up in person to make an appointment ... to set another date for the appointment you need for the paperwork. So, we had to be in Rome about a week before the wedding to handle this. and this isn't even touching upon the ceremony itself and the reception!

Here are some recent threads on weddings in Rome:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k51368…

tripadvisor.com/…46711819

Also, San Silvestro in Capite is known for having services, including weddings, in English. Here's a thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k45275…

Hope this helps.

Edited: 21 April 2013, 13:24
3. Re: Getting married in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 05:18