We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Via Principe Umberto to Rome (Ciampino)

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Via Principe Umberto to Rome (Ciampino)

On Wednesday morning at 4.30am I need to be in Rome airport (ciampino). I am staying at a place called WoW coliseum on via principe umberto. What's my best and most reliable way to get there? Also as the time is early I understand its best I try to leave earlier even as apparently the roman transport can be unreliable with time tables. Thank you:)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,821 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Via Principe Umberto to Rome (Ciampino)

There will not be any public transport at that time of the morning, so you will need to take a taxi. There is a fixed fare from central Rome of €30.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Via Principe Umberto to Rome (Ciampino)

There has to be another option. It's the tourism capital of Italy????

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Via Principe Umberto to Rome (Ciampino)

No, there aren't other options - buses, trams and metro start operating at 5.30 AM; you'll have to take a taxi...

Edited: 21 April 2013, 11:24
4. Re: Via Principe Umberto to Rome (Ciampino)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 06:18