We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
2 posts
Save Topic
Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

Are there some good non-tourist restaurants near Trevi fountain preferably to the south? We've rented an apartment one block down from Trevi, TA reviews show some good places near Trevi but are there places visited mostly by locals?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,098 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

Any good restaurant in the center of Rome is going to have tourists - no way around that; there will likely be locals too if it is good, but don't imagine a place with no tourists.

Moscow, Russia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

OK, many thanks, the we will try to find a place with more locals!:)))

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,098 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

I'd offer a recommendation but I've never eaten anywhere near the fountain. I'm sure some people will have suggestions for you.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

You are staying in the area of Rome that sees the highest concentration of tourists. Don't expect to find elbow room or nice little restaurants that you can share alone with locals. Those are things of a bygone era. You will be one of a vast number of tourists in Rome.

Waltham...
Level Contributor
259 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

as you face the trevi fountain, take the street to your right, via della pilotta. about a 5 minute walk on the right la lanterna restaurant. good food ,good hosts ,good prices

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

I loved Angelina a Trevi. Had a great buffet lunch for just 12 euros but, as a tourist, does that render this recommendation invalid?

Edited: 25 April 2013, 20:59
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

It's impossible for a foreigner to know who's local and who's a tourist, because many of the tourists are Italians. In the area around Trevi Fountain, houses and apartments cost a fortune, and there are no offices. The numbers of locals who are in a restaurant in that area will be quite small. If you walk to the east, there's an area with lots of government offices, both north and south of Via XX Settembre. In that area, especially at lunch time, you'll find plenty of locals.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

my go-to place nearby the Trevi Fountain is Piccolo Arancio Vicolo Scanderberg, 112, you can read reviews and see the location on trip advisor Rome restaurants. Nothing too fancy, great zucchini flowers.

There is also the venerable old Al Moro Vicolo delle Bollette 13. At lunch filled with many Italian businessmen. you might need a reservation.

9. Re: Non-touristic restaurants near Trevi fountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:17