We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome hotel with 7 year old.... help please

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
709 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Rome hotel with 7 year old.... help please

First a little backroud....

I will be travelling with my 7 year old to Rome in late September to eventually meet up with other family and board a transatlantic cruise. We will need a hotel for two nights in Rome. I've been to Rome on other occasions and I feel that I've seen most of the attractions. This time I'm gearing the entire trip to things for my son to see and like. I've hired a private driver, whom I know well to take us wherever we want to go.

Now my question is which hotel to book. I'm inclined to stay outside of the main action since walking won't be a huge factor. I also think I will be able to get more hotel for less money that way. I'd like to spend less than $400 a night. Any suggestions???

Also any suggestions about fun attractions for kids??? Zoo?? Parks?? Circus???

Thanks in advance

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome hotel with 7 year old.... help please

Take advantage of your car and driver by taking your son places like the Museum of the Walls, where he can walk a small portion of the ancient aurelian wall; the top of the Gianicolo Hill at noon to watch the howitzer cannon shoot a blank over Rome to mark the mezzogiorno; to EUR's Museo Civilta Romano to see the gigantic model of Rome during Constantine's era (at it's greatest expansion and glory before it's slow reversal -- the model you see on posters all over town). The zoo is also a good idea; the children's play area there is fairly new.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
709 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome hotel with 7 year old.... help please

Thank you for your response.

I will print your suggestions and try and see some of these places. I spoke with my driver and I think I will reserve the Hilton. The rate is excellent and the place is supposed to be very nice. Any feelings on that hotel?

Level Contributor
193 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome hotel with 7 year old.... help please

If I had a private driver I would stay at the Novotel Roma Rustica. They do have a free shuttle in if you needed it, but they also have great rooms, a pool, and a small play area with swings, slide, etc. Don't know when the pool closes. It opens in June. The breakfast has everything you could want and is included and they have a children's menu with a playtoy for other meals. Our kids absolutely loved it. We were on a budget and stayed there because the price was right.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
213 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome hotel with 7 year old.... help please

Oddly enough I am going to Rome in a few weeks with my 7 year old. We staying at the Hotel Pantheon. Summer rates are frightening with a fairly modest hotel such as this close to 400 Euros. (Triple as my mother is joining us) I am happy though because the thought of her rounding a corner 15 feet from the entrance and seeing the Pantheon is exciting. My question though is about your driver. Is it possible to share who you use so I could enquire for myself for a few days in June? Thank You

5. Re: Rome hotel with 7 year old.... help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 21:20