We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy the best art in Rome

Norwich
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy the best art in Rome

Where do you get your paintings in Rome? I once bought a lovely picture by a street artist, do they still exist?

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy the best art in Rome

Piazza Navona on Sundays is the meeting place for artists. Mixed in however, are cheap imports from China for which you will have to be alert. We have some lovely watercolors and sketches, but they were purchased some time ago Good luck and enjoy Italia!

Edited: 27 April 2013, 20:00
Norwich
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy the best art in Rome

Thank you for that, sounds great. I've been told there is a shop near Piazza Navona called The Inside Colors, do you know of this shop?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
620 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy the best art in Rome

Here's a recent thread on buying art in Rome, including some suggestions we made:

tripadvisor.com/…48973735

Norwich
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy the best art in Rome

One of the artists you mentioned in the link - mluffarelli - I think she is the artist of the shop I heard about The Colors Inside so sounds like a good place to start. She's close to Navona and the flower district so will definitely go there. Will check out the others. Thank you.

5. Re: Where to buy the best art in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:18