We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Trastevere ??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying in Trastevere ??

I will be visiting Rome in end of May and I am wondering if to stay in Trastevere area or in Fontana di Trvi area.

Opinion ??

If staying in Trastevere can you tell me exactly which will be the right place ? I see there are hundreds of hotels but what are the best streets to search ?

Thanks for help.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Trastevere ??

The trevi fountain area is more central.

Donna

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Trastevere ??

Trastevere is lovely and very central and easily accessible from the rest of the center -- I would say that Trevi is more at the heart of the center, but you will still have to walk quite a bit to or take buses to reach many of the sites.

Make sure you note the street address of the Trastevere hotel because below the ministry of education on Viale Trastevere the area starts to become less charming. As long as you are positioned near the 4 bridges - Sisto, Garibaldi, Tiber island or Palatino , you should be OK

if you are in old Trastevere it is very convenient to many things - it's a 10 min walk to largo Argentina, 15 min to the pantheon & campo de fiori, 15 min to piazza Venezia --- you can easily get to the other side to various parts of the center using the 4 bridges ---> Sisto, Garibaldi, Tiber island or Palatino.

Also, the # 8 tram which passes every 5 minutes or so can whisk you to Largo Argentina in 5 minutes.

Actually, I would say that Trastevere does not have 100s of hotels - mostly apartment rentals and B&Bs. Not sure where you are finding these "100s" of hotels.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Trastevere ??

We just returned from Rome and we stayed in Trastevere and loved it! We stayed at an apartment on Via della Luce and it was a short (very short) walk to the #8 tram. We had many restaurants to choose from as well as a deli, small grocery and frutteria. We love the atmosphere and ambiance of "our neighborhood".

4. Re: Staying in Trastevere ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:18