We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum to Jewish Ghetto

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Colosseum to Jewish Ghetto

I'm wanting to go to the Jewish Ghetto after my tour at the Colosseum...I'll be visiting on a cruise for the day & will be buying the BIRG ticket so I can access the buses. Is it an easy bus ride or would it be better to take a cab? If we take a taxi, any estimates? Also, is the Jewish Ghetto very far from the train stations to go back to Civitavecchia?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Colosseum to Jewish Ghetto

You could walk up via fori Imperiali or take the 87 bus up this same street and get off at piazza Venezia.

Its probably a 20-30 min. walk or a 5 min. bus ride. But depending on the time of day you could be waiting for the bus for 20 minutes. There might be other buses at that same stop that pass through piazza Venezia

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,716 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colosseum to Jewish Ghetto

You could also walk through the Roman Forum (included in your Colosseum ticket), exiting at the western end (near the arch of Septimus Severus) up the stairs to Piazza del Campidoglio and from there down the Cordonata. At this point you simply cross the street (Via del Teatro di Marchello) and you're on the edge of the ghetto. The total walk is between a half and three quarters of a mile.

3. Re: Colosseum to Jewish Ghetto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 05:17