We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

Great Falls, Va
Level Contributor
39 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

We are arriving in Rome May 30, 2 adults, 2 kids, and need to catch our train to Naples less than four hours later.

What's the quickest way to transfer? If car company is best, referrals appreciated!

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,429 Reviews
from US$83.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
537 Reviews
from US$415.20*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,809 Reviews
from US$61.10*
US$67.90
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,918 Reviews
from US$124.60*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

What is quickest depends on when you arrive. The Leonardo Express train takes 31 minutes for the journey, but it runs every 30 minutes. A taxi takes 45 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic, but is available immediately.

A private car would be no faster than a taxi.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

Good way to travel from Airport to Termini Station.

1. Private company http://www.terravision.eu/

2. COTRAL BLUE BUS cotralspa.it/PDF_Orari_Comune/Fiumicino.pdf

Search for page no. 19/44

3.Leonardo express train to and from Rome Termini/ Fiumicino Airport

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Yours Truly

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

Hello Laurie,

You have plenty of time to catch your train. You'll even have time for a meal at the train station before your train leaves! Make life easy for yourself and just take a cab. There are lots of cabs outside the arrivals building. The set rate is 48 euro from the airport to the Termini train station.. Every driver I have had has been friendly and courteous and professional.

Enjoy your trip.

Spirit

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

I use the Terravision bus for a measly 4 euros each way. Its comfortable and if I remember rightly takes just less than an hour to get into Rome, dropping right outside Termini satation.

Great Falls, Va
Level Contributor
39 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

Wow, thanks Trip Advisors! Great suggestions, as I knew there would be.

Best.

Laurie

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

There are two other bus operators between FCO and Termini Station, in addition to Terravision and the Trenitalia nonstop airport train:

www.sitbusshuttle.it

www.atral-lazio.com

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

And if you've flown with Alitalia...

alitalia.com/it_en/…alitalia-bus.html

Amazing one ever gets to see the station, with all those different buses stopping outside... but even so, if me, I'd take the Leonardo Express!

Peter

Upland, California
Level Contributor
131 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

I just got back from Rome 2 weeks ago and used the Leonardo Express which is a zero stops express train to and from Termini to Fiumicino Airport.

Here's how we got it:

-After landing and gathering your luggage just follow signs directing you towards the train area which was a bunch of right turns.

-You'll come out to a long hallway with "min boutiques" on the left and booths on the right offering exchanges and calling cards. Keep straight ahead.

-At this point you will see the Red Tourism office and can pick up your Roma Pass from here before going down to the train. Unfortunately the Roma Pass can not be used for discounts on towards the Leonardo Express

-Once exiting the office keep left and you'll come to an escalator going down into the ground with signs pointing towards the train. If you need a restroom keep walking past this entrance toward the end of the hall and it will be on your right.

- Once back at the entrance down the escalator, you'll see these barrier posts that prevent you from pushing through a luggage cart so be aware you'll be lugging your luggage from here on.

-Proceed down the escalator to moving sidewalks through a windowed tunnel and up some escalators at the end of the escalators go right and keep following the signs directing you towards the rails.

-On your immediate Left there will be the ticket booth - 2 windows for the actual long distance train and express train tickets;1 window for local trains;1 window for money exchange. All separately run.

-Tickets will be 14E plus a 2E fee.

-Our train left from the center rails, there were already many people waiting so we kept walking further down, towards the end where we thought the last car might be, don't go to far kinda stick to the last bunch of people gathering ;)

-When the train gets there and all the people aboard have exited push a lit green or red button to open the doors. You'll see an open section in front of you a little towards the left to stow your luggage and certain seats also have overhead compartments for your carry-on.

-Train arrives at Termini and drops you off on platform #24 and I've heard also #23. Note:This is also where our train departed from as well.

-Follow the heard or browse the shops right in front of you. Termini seems overwhelming at first, especially without signage and construction happening, I mean we had to ask a nearby officer how to exit (smacks head because it was less than 50 feet away).

-From the actual platforms you can keep walking towards the right then a quick left towards the exit at Via Marsala. Once exiting the platform area you are once again in a long hallway type shopping arear with various boutiques and restaurants. Exit towards Via Marsala for taxis and some bus pickups (I noticed this is where we caught the Hop on Hop Off Bus. Exit to the Left towards Piazza dei Cinquencento where you'll find the local bus system stops. You can also follow signs with a large Red/white M sign to go down a level via escalators or elevators to the underground metro station and another shopping center. We would do this everyday and stop into their mini-mart for fruits and snacks to take with us that day. You'll also find many different shops and restaurants here as well.

Okay, I hope this helps, it was to the best of my memory, considering we were at Termini everyday to use the metro and the local buses. Have a great time!

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Edited: 01 May 2013, 18:07
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

From your description, did you purchase your train tickets from the travel agency inside the FCO airport train station (thereby paying the extra 2-Euro fee), rather than at the Trenitalia manned ticket windows (where you would have paid only the 14-Euro ticket)?

Upland, California
Level Contributor
131 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best transfer from Fiumicino airport to Termini train sta?

I believe so, we paid directly to the Train counter 20 feet from the platform