We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

I called and reserved our underground tour of the Colosseum this morning. We already have our tickets to the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine which I printed at home, and the ticket agent knew this.

She said I would receive a confirmation e-mail--I do have the confirmation number.

I haven't received yet and am wondering how long it's taken others to get this e-mail. It's not that I'm in a rush (our trip is in July), but my last/first name is not common and since it's in my e-mail address I'm just concerned the correct spelling didn't make it over the phone and she may have the wrong e-mail.

Did others receive their confirmation right away, or should this take a few days?

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

Did you check your spam folder?

Edited: 01 May 2013, 00:07
maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

I don't see it in there . . I check my junk mail all the time. I have hotmail--I don't think things get blocked I assume they go in the junk folder where I should see it.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,703 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

Why don't you contact them by email, asking what happened to your email confirmation? That way, they'll get the correct version of the email address, if that was the problem.

http://www.coopculture.it/en/contact_us.cfm

Specify which tour you bought by phone, and include your confirmation number, name, date, and any other pertinent information. Keep your English concise and clear.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

I did not get my confirmation either when I reserved. The email I received confirming the credit card transaction appeared to have an attachment, but it was blocked or something. I emailed my booking code to prenotazioniupi@pierrecicodess.it and they sent me a confirmation. They replied to my email within a day.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,703 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

I don't think Pierreci handles these bookings any more. It's now Coopculture, which I don't believe is just a new name.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

I booked my ticket in March or the beginning of April. I don't know if it's changed since then. I found the email address I mentioned in a previous forum post. I agree it's confusing with all the different ticketing companies. You could call back the reservation number you booked with.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

fridayafternoon, I booked the Colosseum underground by phone after purchasing print-at-home tickets. I, too, received a confirmation number and was told that I'd receive a confirmation email, but it never arrived (I checked my spam folders). After a few days I called back. The agent found my reservation via the confirmation number, resent the email, and stayed on the phone with me until I received it.

maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!! I still haven't received confirmation by email yet, so I will try and email them first, then call if need be. Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

Did you ever get the confirmation email from them? if so, which email did you use? I am having the same problem (booked over phone 2 days ago)....thanks for help

maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How long should it take to get conf. email from Colosseum?

Hi Babak,

Yes, I did get the confirmation e-mail, almost immediately after I e-mailed them! I used the link/e-mail suggested by bvlenci:

http://www.coopculture.it/en/contact_us.cfm

I sent them all the relevant info, and they sent me the confirmation. It turns out that they did spell my name wrong in the e-mail address they had for me (I can see it in the confirmation they sent me), so that was the problem.

Good luck!