We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing make up etc back to uk

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing make up etc back to uk

Hi, I am going to Rome this summer and its my first time abroud. I have been reading about the restrictions on items you can take and was wondering if the same apples to items coming back through. I have three daughters and was thinking that I might get them some make up, creams, Soaps etc. Would I be allowed to bring these things back through customs if they were more than 100ml, and I assume they would have to be in a ziplock bag in my hold luggage. Thanks for any help in advance.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing make up etc back to uk

To the best of my knowlege you can bring as many items as you like back from Rome, as long as they are in your hold luggage not your hand luggage as then you will be restricted.

Just package them well to avoid any damages.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,929 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing make up etc back to uk

You can put any amount of cosmetics into your checked hold luggage, and it does not have to be in ziplock bags. Security (not Customs) will object if your carry-on luggage has liquids of more than 100 ml.

3. Re: Bringing make up etc back to uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 06:17