We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Minori

Woodbine, Georgia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rome to Minori

My family and I ( three of us) are renting an apt in Minori in late Sept. Can I take a train from Rome to Salerno then a cab to Minori? I am having a hard time finding the train info on this, I would also consider taking the train from Rome to Naples then hiring a driver to take us to Minori, We did this before from Naples to Sorrento and it was fun esp since the driver was so wonderful, I know for sure I do not want to take the bus from Sorrento to Minori, not because it is not awesome, but our little boy might need a bathroom break on the way. ( as well as I ) Thank you all with your help I never travel without my trusted TA friends.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Minori

This is what I would do:

1. Roma Termini to Salerno by Trenitalia train (fares and travel time vary according to train category)

2. Bathroom break at Salerno train station

3. SITA bus from Salerno train station to Minori (adults pay 3.80 Euros each)

A taxi or private transfer from Salerno to Minori will cost up to 100 Euros.

www.trenitalia.it

www.sitasudtrasporti.it

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Minori

You can do either - choose by price of car service or whichever views/drive you want to have.

The trains may not all be loaded up on the Trenitalia yet for late September - you will have no trouble getting a train - When checking at www.trenitalia.com be sure to put in a low number like 6 in the box for the hour (or it will default to your computer's time). I believe there are more trains running to Napoli Centrale than to Salerno -

Woodbine, Georgia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Minori

Thank you! that would be one expensive bathroom break for sure! The train from Rome to Salerno sounds awesome, Will try for my dates Sept 23-30, I am always a bit confused with Trenitalia and how to purchase the tickets before hand, I usualy go to some random travel agent in Rome and purchase them there, but this time I am determined not to do that.I have never been to Salerno but always dreamt of going, can you tell me how long the bus ride is to Minori ? would love to take the boys back to Salerno and see where The American landing beaches are! again thank you so very much for your help.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Minori

Probably will take around 60 minutes - give or take - via bus from Salerno, depending on traffic, of course and September is still high season and I've done that route in late September and had a ton of traffic so you just never really know how long it will take - but that's a rough estimate based on the usual estimate of 70 minutes from Salerno to Amalfi, which is further from Salerno than Minori but not that much further.

Yes, it is a pricey ride; car services are expensive.

When looking at the train website, put in Roma Termini and Salerno as the two train stations.

There's a bunch of trains that come up - but you can't buy them until 4 months or less of the date of your travel - so while the schedule appears, you can't buy them sometime next month, depending on your date of travel - that will be 4 months in advance; and, you can save some decent money if they offer discounted fares but those are not unlimited so buy them when they appear - IF you are sure of your date of travel because these fares have restrictions as to refunds/exchanges (basically, nothing to do if you miss the train).

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome to Minori

The EARLIEST you could purchase the Trenitalia train tickets online for travel on Sept. 25, is May 24 (FOUR MONTHS in advance). At the moment, you can consult the online schedules for travel up to September 7 and check fares (including the discounted SUPER ECONOMY and ECONOMY fares).

If you take a slower Trenitalia Intercity (IC) train, the three of you could travel at the SUPER ECONOMY fare of 9 Euros X 3 passengers = 27 Euros. The SUPER ECONOMY fare is nonchangeable and nonrefundable, and you forfeit the ticket if you MISS the train (unless owing to a late-arriving Trenitalia connecting train, where there is at least a 15-minute official connection time).

If you take a faster Frecciarossa or Frecciabianca train, the fares will be higher (including the SUPER ECONOMY fares).

If you are setting out from central Rome (rather than from an arriving flight), AND your travel plans are VERY FIRM, why not save a bunch of money and lock in to the 9-Euro SUPER ECONOMY fare by purchasing electronic tickets via the Trenitalia website? Once again, the SOONEST you can do this is FOUR MONTHS in advance of your travel date.

The SITA bus from Salerno to Maiori takes about one hour. The bus leaves from outside the front doors of the station, and you purchase the bus tickets from the travel agency in the foyer of the station. There is a luggage compartment for heavy suitcases.

This explains how Trenitalia electronic ticketing works:

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

When you purchase (or look up prices) for your ticket, enter an early morning departure hour (such as 7 a.m.) That way, you'll bring up the full selection of trains. Otherwise, the Trenitalia booking system will default to Eastern Daylight Time at the time you access the website, and you'll get only a partial listing. Also, BE VERY CAREFUL to enter the correct departure date, European style (DD/MM/YR). Don't purchase a ticket for the incorrect date (many on this site have reported to have done so)!!!

www.trenitalia.it

Edited: 08 May 2013, 21:47
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome to Minori

oops - obviously, I can't count.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome to Minori

I am leaving Rome to go to Minori in just over a week. I bought my train ticket - Rome to Naples - as soon as they became available. I asked the company I am renting from in Minori about a transfer from Naples to Minori and the driver is charging 100 euros each way. Perhaps your company can be of assistance too

8. Re: Rome to Minori

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 06:17