We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Favorite Food in Rome

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,559 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Your Favorite Food in Rome

What are your favorite things to eat in Rome. Particular restaurant dishes, snacks, pizza blanca, anything pretty much. Specific places please.

We'll be there in July after 8 days in tuscany.

I already have some ideas but can always use some more. Thanks

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
469 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

We loved Enoteca Ferrara in Trastevere. Tennis champion Novak Djokovic always return to Trattoria Trilussa.

Both restaurants are 50 metres apart. Could visit the two.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

To roxygirl: these laws apply only if you're eating while sitting down on some historical monument. You're free to eat while walking...

scotland
Level Contributor
361 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

Go to Cuiri Cuiri on Via Leonina ( 2 mins from Cavour metro)

The cakes, pastries and Ice cream and to die for!!!

Personally I just adore the Cannoli's :)

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

Thanks Quirite for the clarification. I have not been to Rome since the introduction of that law last year. After coming across numerous callous tourists leaving their litter near monuments I have to say that the law does have its usefulness. I wished Rome had more benches and parks.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,559 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

Supratik, is that Moraine Lake? Great shot.

I was wondering about the law as well. Coming from NYC every bench and light pole will be a historic monument to me. I see the usefulness of the law but its a real shame nonetheless

What about Trapizzino and Suppli from 00100? Interested more in the Suppli. Looks like its a 10 minute walk from our hotel. Any other musts in Testaccio?

Mentioned in this post
Suppli
Suppli
742 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
469 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

We didn't go to Ketumbar in Testaccio and still regretting. Its a vegan place but has also tapas concept.

It is in via Galvani 24.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

Hello Ziggy, will be in Rome by Friday with a full house of 11 including four kids ranging from 5 to 8 months, some of whom can eat most good things, one bings her own meals. My daughters have made reservations for every meal, not an easy feat considering our numbers and I will keep you posted. So far we have been dining very well but we are just in the Liguian coast and off to Umbia tomorrow. Can't wait to have loads of porchetta!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,559 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

Good to hear from you Queen. Looking forward to the report

11 people wow - thats a lot of bathroom breaks ;)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

I should have clarified, the rest of the nine meet us in Rome on Friday. So far, the bathroom breaks for two are frequent enough. With the rest two are on self contained "apparatus" or apparatai as the Romans say. But I must report that the food and wine in the Ligurian coast are simply divine, sea food based, and fresh from that sparkling blue sea. More so as everywhere you walk, up are engulfed in the scent of jasmine blossom from the trees that line the route. You simply have to bottle the environment. The Missus and the kids would enjoy the reflection of the ambiance. I certainly do! And Ziggy, this is one place that calls for you at your "Borat" best: RED pants, the flashier the better. Even my very old man is convinced.....

Edited: 13 May 2013, 22:02
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Your Favorite Food in Rome

Spot on Ziggy. The sun rising over the prettiest lake one can ever find. The colour of the water is even more mesmerizing than your Grace Bay at Provo !!

I'm following your posts carefully as I have plans to be in Italy this summer as well. Pinning my hopes on you to give me the GPS coordinates of all the cypress lined roads in Tuscany ( I'm sure you have come across that poster in Tuscany forum who wants to photograph each and every pretty spot) and also to point me towards the gastronomic highlights of Tuscany and Rome.

Regarding that law I doubt how the police are going to enforce that in all the popular places. The only places that I know where they chase you are the Spanish Steps and the V. Emmanuel monument.

Cheers.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 22:38
Mentioned in this post
Spanish Steps
Spanish Steps
18,324 Reviews
Rome, Italy