We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome - Hadrian's Villa - Villa D'Este

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
491 reviews
Save Topic
Rome - Hadrian's Villa - Villa D'Este

Greetings.

I soon plan on taking the Cotral bus to Hadrian's Villa in the morning and then taking a local CAT bus to Piazza Garibaldi in Tivoli.

Can anyone tell me exactly where the CAT bus picks you up outside hadrian's villa? I've looked on google street view and haven't found any signs along the street indicating where it is.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a CAT bus ticket... somewhere near that stop?

I'll have the Roma Piu Pass to cover transportation to tivoli (and discounts at both villa adriana and villa d'este) but I know I'll need a ticket for the CAT bus.

Thanks for any help!

Edited: 11 May 2013, 20:41
Richardson, Texas
Level Contributor
93 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome - Hadrian's Villa - Villa D'Este

I know you did not ask this but we just got back from Rome and included the Villa D'Este, Hadrians Villa tour with a company called Dark Rome Tours. Having done this same trip 5 years ago on our own and taking this trip with Dark Rome Tours in April 2013. We enjoyed the Dark Rome Tour trip more. It included transportation, and admission along with a wonderful guide that brought everything to life. I would highly recommend but doing it on your own will be fun too. Enjoy!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome - Hadrian's Villa - Villa D'Este

I seem to recall we left Hadrian's Villa, turned right and walked maybe 300mtrs or so. I'm not sure, but it wasn't too far. The staff at the ticket office at the villa will direct you. I'm being vague again, but there is a little tourist office just near Piazza Garibaldi and we bought the bus tickets to and from Villa Adriana there, as well as picking up some other info on Tivoli.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome - Hadrian's Villa - Villa D'Este

ok thanks. near the main road (almost a mile from hadrian's villa) it looks like there is a bar so I'm sure i can get a local bus ticket there.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome - Hadrian's Villa - Villa D'Este

The main road is mostly uphill from Hadrian's villa, but it's not a difficult walk. I thought there was a bar somewhere along the road, as well, but it's been a while since I've been there.

5. Re: Rome - Hadrian's Villa - Villa D'Este

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 07:18