We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

Hello there I will visit Rome from june 10 to june 18 . I need some help ! I want to visit the most important places in 7 days . What to visit per day ? Somebody who loves the eternal city can give me a detailed guide day per day ?

I really appreciate your help . I ' ll stay at Aurelius hotel

Thanks in advance

1. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2013, 16:37
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,345 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

No one can tell you what to see which days you should see which sites without you giving a list of what you want to see.

***I want to visit the most important places in 7 days .***

What do you consider the most important places. I suggest getting a good guide book and making a list of what you want to see. We can help you put a list in order but we cannot tell you what you should or shouldn't see.

Donna

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

Thnaks for the detailed guide VIVALASVEGAS" . Dbabe I ' d like to visit historical places, museums, chuches, parks, monuments, plazas. My worry is how to distribute geografically all of the sites to visit day per day. So far I ' ve done a list and Please I need your help ! Do not hesitate to correct or add more sites to the list:

Day 1 : Vatican city : Basilica S. Pietro

Castell San Angelo

Day 2 : Colosseo . Roman Forum

Day 3 : National museum of Rome. Then walk : Dolce Vita stroll , Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Venezia,

Piazza del Popolo

Day 4 : Vatican Museums

Hills of Janiculum

Day 5 : Galleria Borghese

Later churches of San Giovanni , Santa Maria Maggiore , S. Clemente

Day 6 : Campo de Fiori , Piazza Navona

Day 7 : ?

Please advice ! Thanks in advance

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

For the 7th day, especially if it's a Sunday, you might want to consider a walk on the via Appia Antica for something a little different. http://www.parcoappiaantica.it/en/

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

For me, I like to plan one major site per day, and leave the rest of the day open for walking, eating, shopping in the area of that attraction. Some tours (Vatican Museum for example) are intense and you want to take your time and soak it all in. If you plan too much in one day, you feel you have to rush through one to get to another. I also leave my last day open without a tour planned so that I can use that day as I'm there and think of something or see something I don't want to miss before I leave. I have added approx one walking tour per day to my itinerary, usually from Rick Steves book or another guide book.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

You have Vatican listed on day 1 and 4

As Donna suggests you need to look at a good guide book or even here on TA there is a list of the top 532 things to do in Rome.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187791-Activiti…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,742 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

A good map will help you plan out your time. You will need one when you are Rome anyway, so why not get it now so you can better plan your trip. You could also use google maps.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

I think Day 7 is Sunday 16 June. You might like to visit the Trevi Fountain, and then walk up to the Palazzo del Quirinale. It is only open to the public on Sundays from 8.30 - noon. I got there at 11.15 this morning and the queue was very long, but we all got in by noon. The tour takes about an hour. There was a trio playing in the chapel, so I went in and listened for a while.

Edited: 12 May 2013, 18:54
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,345 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

You should visit the Vatican museums the same day you visit St. Peter's basilica.

You can visit San Clemente the same day you visit the colosseum. It's just up the street so makes sense to put them on the same day.

You don't mention the Pantheon but it can be seen the same day as the the P. Navona. They're about a 5 minute walk from each other.

Donna

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 days in Rome . What to visit day per day ?

Thanks for all of your contributions . My plan is to visit the mayor sites in the morning and then as suggested Mary23456 , I leave the rest of the day open . After reading your recommendations my list per day will look like this :

Day 1 : Vatican city ( Basilica S. Peter - Vatican museums )

Later Hill of Janiculum

Day 2 : Colosseo - Roman Forum . St Clemente

Day 3 : National museum of Rome . Afternoon Dolce Vita Stroll . Fontana di Trevi - Piazza Venezia

Piazza del Popolo .

Day 4 : Churches of San Giovanni - Santa Maria Maggiore - Santa Prasede

Piazza della Republica

Day 5 : Galleria Borghese - Villa Medici

Day 6 : Campo dei Fiori - Piazza Navona - Phanteon - Palazzo Doria Pamphilj

Churches San Luigi dei Francesi - San Ignacio de Loyola - Santa Maria della Minerva

Day 7 : Monumento a Garibaldi - Church Santa Maria in Trastevere - Fonte di Acqua Paola

I open to more suggestions

Gracias !