We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel?

Please can anyone advise on these two hotels, Visconti Palace and Dei Mellini. We are looking for a good location to explore mainly walking around the city. Thanks

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,648 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel?

Could you give us a hint as to where they are? There are hundreds of hotels in Rome, and I don't think any of us knows the locations of all of them.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel?

Sorry never been to Rome before and only just started on researching. The addresses are, Viconti Palace Hotel, Via Federico Cesi and Die Mellini Hotel, Via Muzio Clementi. They both state that they are within walking distance of the Vatican. Thank you

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,088 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel?

The area around the Vatican is not that central for walking, I stayed in the area a few years ago and had to rely on buses as my mum was not good on her legs at the time.

More central areas are Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Trevi Fountain. I've stayed in most areas and prefer the Pantheon area. That said friends of mine have stayed at the Visconti Palace and said it is wonderful. our hotel was very near.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,648 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel?

They're both in the same general area, which isn't terribly central, but not really out of the way, either. You can walk to the Vatican, but it's almost a mile. They're actually closer to places like Piazza Navona and the Spanish Steps. There are other places where you'd almost certainly need to take a bus. If you want to be able to walk to nearly everything, I suggest you look around Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Campo de' Fiori, or that general area. However, that part of the city is more expensive and more touristy as well as being more central.

5. Re: Which Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:18