We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum tickets

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Colosseum tickets

Has anyone used http://www.coopculture.it to purchase Colosseum tickets? I'm going in June 2013 and wanted to know if this site was safe to purchase tickets.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,645 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colosseum tickets

Don't bother.

One ticket covers entry to the Colosseum and the Forum. If there is a ticket queue at the Colosseum, just buy at one of the entries to the Forum.

ecosse
Level Contributor
151 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colosseum tickets

or, if you are going to another museum/attraction, consider the RomaPass - which you can buy on-line or from plenty locations. It will also cover any public transport in the city- and we were so glad we had ours when it let us walk straight past some very long queues. Not any good for Vatican though.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colosseum tickets

Yes, that's the correct website and safe. To the top right you'll see Top Questions, there's info about the Colosseum tickets and the Roma Pass.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,659 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colosseum tickets

I don't know why Nick says "don't bother". That's the official site, they charge a very modest €1.50 reservation fee, and you can print the tickets at home. Increasingly, there are long queues also at the Roman Forum, and I think €1.50 is a very reasonable charge to get a ticket that allows you to avoid any sort of queue.

If you want a tour instead of just entrance tickets, you can't use the print at home option.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colosseum tickets

Thanks! I appreciate all the responses. I'd like to do this as inexpensive as possible and without the long lines. I'm also glad to see I can get tickets on-line for the Vatican too now!

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Colosseum tickets

Does anyone know whether you can go to the underground area of the colosseum without a tour?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,659 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colosseum tickets

Someone recently said that they were allowing entrances to the Underground without a tour at certain specific times of day, but I haven't been able to find any confirmation of that. Their web page says nothing at all about it, and specifically says that a limited number of people is allowed to enter the underground areas. This would mean you'd have to reserve a visit, and I don't see any place where it can be booked.

So, as far as I know, you need to be on a tour.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Colosseum tickets

Hi. I've been trying to use the link: http://www.coopculture.it/ to buy tickets and it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else experienced the same problems? Any suggestions? Cheers Marc

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Colosseum tickets

You have to call to get tickets past August. Their website is not working.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Colosseum tickets

Will do - thanks for your help.