We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

I have chosen the Italotreno option from Florence to Roma Ostiense on a Friday morning, arriving around 13:00 and need to get to Trastevere Station, as our apartment is only 2 blocks from there. Will this be an easy transfer and could someone please give detailed instructions? Thanks for any and all advice.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

You can go to TrenItalia's website, and enter Florence - Rome and see the route. Most (if not nearly all) trains go from S.M. Novella in Florence straight in to Termini.

You can see the routes and the stops. If you are unlucky and you are one of the rare ones that doesnt go in to Termini, then you can enter on TrenItalia's website that station to termini and see a schedule the same way you did to buy your tickets for Florence - Rome.

@
Level Contributor
331 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

mimiccr

At Ostiense train station take any regional train heading to Fiumicino Aeroporto, Cesano, Bracciano, Civitavecchia, Viterbo. Roma Trastevere is the next stop. The ticket should cost 1 euro.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

For that short distance, less than 3km, why not hop in a taxi - and get a geography lesson thrown?

The fare ought to be a little under 10 Euro!

Otherwise, here's the train and metro map - tickets €1.50 each:

http://www.romapass.it/doc/zonaA_romapass.pdf

Peter

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

I probably was not clear in my initial request. We are not taking the Trenitalia train but, instead, are taking the newer fast train by Italo, which goes in to Ostiense Station instead of Termini. I was merely asking for detailed instructions from Ostiense station to Trastevere Station because our apartment is 2 blocks from Trastevere Station on Via Etoile Rolli.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

Mimi isn't using Trenitalia, but the Italo train system, and they don't go to Termini station.

Mimi, any regional train from Ostiense going to Civitavecchia or to Fiumicino airport will stop at Trastevere. They run fairly frequently, and this would probably be the most convenient way to get there. A regular bus or metro ticket (€1.50) will cover the fare, and can also be used to transfer to a tram or bus when you get to Trastevere. Stamp the ticket in the machine by the track before boarding the train. Failure to do so can result in a large fine.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

The new tickets, whose prices took effect last May....

http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=1642

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

Thanks, Guest & Brt in Ischia, that's exactly what I was looking for. If we are tired we will take a taxi, but if the train is only 1 Euro each and 1 stop away, that sounds like a plan. According to the train & metro map I have, could it be either the FM1 or FM3, as they both look like they stop at Trastevere Station? I assume the tickets will be available in machines, so we won't have to use a ticket window.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

Nope, the train is most definitely €1.50...

Lots of services stop at Trastevere...

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Stazione_di_Roma_Trastev…

Plenty of vendors, including some machines... with any luck this will work:

infopoint.atac.roma.it/navigator.asp…

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

The two I mentioned are the FR1 and FR5. I forgot the FR3, which goes to Bracciano or Viterbo. On the departure boards, the destinations are easier to find than the train numbers.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Ostiense to Trastevere stations

Tram 3 the pink line on this map

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

Goes fron Piramide Metro stop (near Ostiense train station) to Trastevere Station.